Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2015, 09:04 AM

Default EuCon 3.2.2 still not working with Logic Pro X

I was so excited to finally have an update that would fix the Artist Control support for Logic, but I was wrong. The same crashes as before. Nothing changed. I'm running the latest version of Logic on Yosemite OSX 10.9.5
After about 5 minutes the Artist Control crashes, Eucon icon goes gray and there's no getting it back.

Hey AVID, do you think its possible that you will fix this sometime in the next decade?
Old 04-08-2015, 09:05 AM

Default Re: EuCon 3.2.2 still not working with Logic Pro X

I'm actually running Mavericks 10.9.5
Old 04-09-2015, 10:04 AM

I'm running into problems with the Logic Pro X too.

I'm using 10.10.2 (just upgraded to 10.10.3 and still same issues)
EuControl 3.2.2
Logic Pro x 10.1.1

I have a Mix, Control and Transport.

The bug I see pretty frequently is that EuControl application becomes unresponsive after some time using it. Most of the faders and pots still work and properly control logic but the main noticeable issue is that moving to the EuControl to modify the settings, etc results in spinning beach ball and I have to force quit EuControl to get it to stop. I then have to power down the artist surfaces.

One scenario that frequently arises in the Artist Control is that the touch screen stops responding to touch events and the only way around is to force quit EuControl, power down all the surfaces and start over.

Other then this (which is kind of major) the update was a huge relief as I wasn't even able to communicate with my surfaces before this without it either crashing or the controllers would just not respond at all. Took a little fiddling to get it working with the firmware updates but hopefully now that 10.10.3 is released the developers can fix any remaining glitches related to stability.

Last edited by earthtrip; 04-09-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:32 PM
Avid

Please post bugs to ideascale. We are watching ideascale to see what gets traction.

Kyle has posted the releases we've done in the past year and the amount of bugs we've worked on.

In the past 18 months we have developed S6, S6L, and S3, while developing an iOS app in parallel. We are watching ideascale to see what gets to critical mass in terms of bug and feature requests.

JC