Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2014, 05:17 AM

Default Re: Screens & screens

Since command focus mode is pretty much locked and un editable, a module of assignable, actual edit keys for some of the Eucon actions would be nice. Have you seen the assignable keys on an MCPro? Single buttons instead of modified keyboard presses speeds up workflow.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FajitaTone View Post
Since command focus mode is pretty much locked and un editable, a module of assignable, actual edit keys for some of the Eucon actions would be nice. Have you seen the assignable keys on an MCPro? Single buttons instead of modified keyboard presses speeds up workflow.
With so many software changes coming down the pike I don't see that edit keys won't be happening within the hardware confines of what's available. That's the beauty of software controlled hardware - customization is relatively easy as opposed to making more hardware or hardware changes.

QAPLA!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
With so many software changes coming down the pike I don't see that edit keys won't be happening within the hardware confines of what's available. That's the beauty of software controlled hardware - customization is relatively easy as opposed to making more hardware or hardware changes.

Fair enough, but it's avid and how
long did it take to get to 11?
Old 03-06-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
And, with the S6's modular design, it would not be that difficult for Avid to come up with something like a dedicated "post" module with the joysticks and whatever else you post guys need...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 03-06-2014, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
And, with the S6's modular design, it would not be that difficult for Avid to come up with something like a dedicated "post" module with the joysticks and whatever else you post guys need...
exactly. the same reasons Avid added faders, it's easier to blindly grab a joystick than to accurately touch a screen without looking. Tactile feedback, and customization. Most other programs allow you to pout the single press keys ANYWHERE on the keyboard (Avid Media Composer) command focus is so old- school, give us assignable buttons for EuCon commands if changing the keyboard is such a problem.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Graham View Post
That is a great looking room… Thanks for sharing. I'm curious if you are left handed - having your Master Section on the left side.
thanks!

i use the right hand on the mouse and use the left for transport, functions and touch screen and it's comfortable.

i used to have a d'control and also there the transport buttons where on the left.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:10 PM

As far as I know you will be able to add custom commands key in the soft key section in future revision of the s6.

Wave-T.com
Old 03-08-2014, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinaxa View Post
thanks!

i use the right hand on the mouse and use the left for transport, functions and touch screen and it's comfortable.

i used to have a d'control and also there the transport buttons where on the left.
Hey Pinaxa, thanks for sharing. That sure looks like a sweet studio mate! Just wondering if you would care to share your experiences with using the S6? What do you like / dislike about it so far?

Creative Director - Red Note Visionary Sounds: http://rednote.com.au
Label: http://www.stereomissile.com/
Music Production / Mixing: http://www.stereomissile.com/musicproducer/
Mastering: http://www.stereomissile.com/mastering/
Old 03-08-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Missile View Post
Hey Pinaxa, thanks for sharing. That sure looks like a sweet studio mate! Just wondering if you would care to share your experiences with using the S6? What do you like / dislike about it so far?
Hi,
I'm a mixing engineer for italian pop/rock music.
In my career, I have used all the common mixing desks, ssl, neve, pro control, d-control and i have to say that after 2 months of using S6 this is the best human interface for mixing so far..
The software is still not perfect but for sure it will be (i hope soon!) but already it's a different way to use pro tools...
Normally if something it's faster to do using mouse and keyboard, our brain goes there but with S6 many things are faster to achieve.
For the moment i'm happy for the choice..give it a few software updates and this will be almost unbeatable!
Thanks,
Pino Pischetola
Old 03-08-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
I'm surethat after you try S6 touch screen you will not need joysticks anymore
;-)

Pino Pischetola