Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2006, 12:48 AM

Default power supply not the problem???

I just bought a used C24 for a really good price and it was having what I thought was power supply issues. I had it transferred to my name and tech support sent me the new fader cards and power supply (old serial number ended in G, new serial ends in J). I replaced everything today and with the new power supply and fader cards, I am having the same problem. My problem is that after an hour or so (I noticed tonight that it was pretty hot around the ventilation area near the power supply, I don't remember that happening with the old PSU) it locks up and the scribble strips get 'garbled' and most of the lights come on. After 30-45 minutes (cool down period??) it will start right back up and work for another hour and then you can repeat as necessary. Any ideas before I take this in for service?

gym*
Old 10-05-2006, 08:49 AM

Default Re: power supply not the problem???

Look at replacing the CUB board next, that will usually be the next to give problems, after upgrade of PS and Fader Cards, that would be my next move, after that, haul her in if it still acts up.