Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-08-2000, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Digi001 hardware and other audio progs.

No you can not use directX plugins
Old 06-08-2000, 09:19 AM

come on guys

your talking about ProTools.... a mature, industry standard software package...

this is what your buying the digi 001 for!

if you just want track count and Direct X plug ins then there is no doubt that you should get one of the many other alternatives from motu(3 lightpipe-8analog), or Event, etc....

but lets not kid ourselves about the work environment. This is why your on this conference. ProTools is a professional environment, and THAT is what we spend hours...days...looking at and interfacing with...the environment!

my opinion

chad

Old 06-08-2000, 10:25 AM

AFTER READING THE 5.1 UPDATE IM STILL NOT CLEAR ON IF THE 001 CAN READS 1) WAVE FILES OR 2)CAN USE SOFT SAMPLER AS WITH GIGA OR UNITY DS1. IF THIS IS ONLY ON THE TDM SYSTEM I MIGHT AS WELL SEND MINE BACK BECAUSE THIS LIMITS A LOT OF USERS WHO ARE USING PC'S.I THINK WE ARE AREADY LOOSING ALOT IN REGARDS TO VST PLUGINS AND MASTERING SOFTWARE. THIS I CAN OVERLOOK BUT REALLY NEED TO INTERGRATE WAVE FILES AND SOFT SAMPLER. ANY COMMENTS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. SORRY FOR BEING SO LONG. HAPPY RECORDING
Old 06-09-2000, 02:29 AM

The issue of Quicktime movies still hasn't been addressed. A mature package? Not for Win98. Face it, you're not going to buy Digi001 for stability - at least not yet until the masses have had their hands on it and proved it stable. If you want that, go VegasPC or go Mac and Digi001.

And, it would be nice to be able to use ProTools AND Cakewalk, or Gigasampler, etc. Maybe we'd like to use ProTools for audio, and other programs for MIDI and sample playback. Isn't it disappointing that we might have to choose between the two? Sure, we could go with an Echo product, but we'd be missing out on ProTools. Conversely, if we go with Digi001, then we're losing the functionality of DirectX plug-ins and other software, in which many of us have invested lots of money!

Not to knock Digi too hard, because I am excited about the possibilites of this product. But I can see it getting so much better...
Old 06-09-2000, 09:50 AM

<< it would be nice to be able to use ProTools AND Cakewalk, or Gigasampler, etc. Maybe we'd like to use ProTools for audio, and other programs for MIDI and sample playback. Isn't it disappointing that we might have to choose between the two? ...
...not to knock Digi too hard, because I am excited about the possibilites of this product. But I can see it getting so much better... >>

Jane you ignorant slut : ) ...
001's entire existence has been predicated on "One Solution. One Company." --- it's been the tag line on every marketing piece I've ever seen. And yea, I'd love to have DirectX support, etc. too because I have some money tied up in plug-ins and other software. But I think the advantages of a fully integrated "one solution-one company" product (especially given the fact that its Digidesign!) far outweigh the limitations of an open architecture "everything to everybody" solution. And I also agree with the fact that I see 001 getting a lot better. But it ain't too shabby now...

Old 10-16-2001, 01:24 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Digi Engineering:
Actually, the Digi001 ships with two-channel wave drivers, so it can be used by any application which uses the standard wave audio API.

Eric Day
DAE Engineering
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I recently pulled my Live! soundcard to make room for my Firewire card for DV capturing on my PIII 600, 384mb.

I can't, however, monitor the audio through the Digi001/Studio monitors with any success in my Adobe Premerie 6.0. The sound delay is almost 2.5 seconds in preview mode, and the latency of audio playback is less than tolerable.

I'm only asking for two channels of audio, one left and one right. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Any thoughts?
|Recent PC to Mac convert|
Old 10-16-2001, 03:47 PM

You could always monitor the audio and video via your DV device i.e. camera, VTR.
Old 10-16-2001, 04:06 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Mr_Seven:
You could always monitor the audio and video via your DV device i.e. camera, VTR.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have done that with headphones on occation except that doesn't work with captured *.avi files or multi-*.avi files that are being edited.

Over dubbing a PT mastered wav file into Adobe for some ambience is another reason why I need to monitor from the timeline instead of just the DV device.

Thanks though.
|Recent PC to Mac convert|