Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 12-09-2018, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Will there be a new version of Pro Tools in 2018?

10.14.2 just out
Old 12-09-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Got It !

I think there will be one more version this year with some fixes etc but I don’t think it will be any features in this release.

Thanks.
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com
Old 12-10-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis View Post
I'm hoping for Mojave-approval in 2018.
According to this Technical Alert...Avid released Pro Tools 12.8.3 on December 19th, 2017 with High Sierra (10.13.2) support. I would think we're close to Mojave.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:58 AM

Sorry if this is in the incorrect thread but i did not want to create a new one.
Its just a heads up on a 20 percent discount (today only) on Pro Tools plans/software upgrade. From KMR.
Choose store delivery option for digital download.
use code <XMASDEAL7>

https://mailchi.mp/kmraudio/12-exclu...-for-christmas

Please move/remove Jeffro if it goes against any protocol.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV626 View Post
No one knows I guess, except jeffro maybe . The Falcon announcement came exactly at the time of my renewal , but I'd like to have an official Mojave support before the end of the year and maybe a couple of new features... That said 2018.10 already works great (even under Mojave) so it's not a life-and-death situation either
Well it is life and death with me, as AVID and Protools fails terribly with i9 processors, and anything post MacOS 10.13.3, which is now 6 Mac OS revisions behind. It is outrageous. I have stopped paying them until this gets fixed, I am not about to spend my money on something I can no longer use. I have 5 other DAWS which all work perfectly on every MacOS and with i9 processors and no issues. AVID has lost it as far as I am concerned. 10.13.3 came out in January of 2013 and was quickly superseded by 10.13.4 in March but AVID has failed to update Protools to run on that or any Mac OS since March of 2013. That's just way too long to be paying money for.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjallyn View Post
Well it is life and death with me, as AVID and Protools fails terribly with i9 processors, and anything post MacOS 10.13.3, which is now 6 Mac OS revisions behind. It is outrageous. I have stopped paying them until this gets fixed, I am not about to spend my money on something I can no longer use. I have 5 other DAWS which all work perfectly on every MacOS and with i9 processors and no issues. AVID has lost it as far as I am concerned. 10.13.3 came out in January of 2013 and was quickly superseded by 10.13.4 in March but AVID has failed to update Protools to run on that or any Mac OS since March of 2013. That's just way too long to be paying money for.
Only issue is if you let your support lapse it costs much more to get current.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:11 PM

Are you saying that 10.13.3 is 5 years old ??

Just so you know many people are using the newer OS and Mojave works kinda great as we gave one of our trashcans a go so why not just make a backup and try Mojave on a new ssd drive? Works well here and for most people here on the forumz

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-10-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
If there was a widespread problem with the i9 processor there would be wild screaming about it here. And folks with the iMac Pro in particular seem impressed with its performance. It's much more likely something specific to you setup. You've posted a few comments on other user's threads about having problems but you have not really engaged here at least in troubleshooting what is going on on your system. If my understanding is incorrect please point to the threads with that info.

Why don't you start your own new thread, clearly listing your systems specs and all the standard and other troubleshooting you have done, and confirm you system is fully optimized (check *every* last optimization thing is done, no matter how inconvenient at least until you have a more stable system). Starting your own thread for serious issues is really what is expected here, you are not going to get the same help by dropping occasional posts onto other threads, unless they are directly related to the issue.

If this is killing you what has Avid support said? Do you have a case # (for Avid folks here).

What exact errors do you get and when did this start happening? (what exactly changed). What sample rate and IO buffer size are you using with what interface? What driver version? What make/model disk drives and where are the audio files?

Standard troubleshooting things you especially should have already tried are moving all .aaxplugin files out of the plugin folder (you've made points in other post about not using plugins in sessions, but the more important test is to get all third party plugins out of Pro Tools). trashing prefs, testing with new empty sessions, testing with Built-In output as the playback engine, creating a new admin account and repeating the testing from there. Trashing prefs as you try those different things. Make sure ignore errors is not checked, disk cache is enabled (set to a size not "normal") and dynamic plugin processing is turned off (not likely an issue in your case from what you've described elsewhere but jet get it off).

Especially if your OS has been upgraded in-situ and nothing else is helping then bite the bullet and do a full clean macOS install onto a spare drive or partition and only install Pro Tools and ILM and test using Built-In Output. If that has problems then especially let us know here, Avid should be all over that.... That ultimate reinstall test should take an hour or two elapsed time so not the end of the world.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3 View Post
Only issue is if you let your support lapse it costs much more to get current.

This depends on how long you lapse for. I have lapsed for so long now that I have saved more than what it would cost to get current.

Still nothing to entice me to get current.....so still saving $$$

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 12-10-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Protools fails terribly with i9 processors
Have you tried turning off hyperthreading?