Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 08-02-2021, 03:48 PM

Default 2016 Install Errors - Win 10 Pro

Pic attached....appears to be an issue with the FaceBook Spatial components or an install script error. I get 4 or 5 MORE errors going to the same directory after this one. Checked the directories and the files exist,. Permissions are fine. Ran the install as Admin as I usually do. Also getting 1310 "access errors" with files installing to various "Presets" Directories.

Went back to installing 2021.3.1. SAME DAMN ERRORS SO PT IS DEAD IN THE WATER ON MY SYSTEM!

Never had this before...What gives?

SOOOO Happy I have Studio One 5. My PT subscription runs out soon. Unless this gets fixed it goes in the dumper and it's "Hasta La Vista Avid".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT 2021.6 Install Errors.jpg (31.1 KB, 0 views)

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield

Last edited by LightWing; 08-02-2021 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:46 PM

Default Re: 2016 Install Errors - Win 10 Pro

just hit ignore
Click for audio/video demo
Click for resume
Old 08-03-2021, 07:36 AM

Did that...install fails and the only option is to roll back and exit the installer.

This is a Win 10 system. Doesn't PT create an Installer log file? If so anyone know
what DIR it is created in?

www.LightWingStudios.com

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield

Last edited by LightWing; 08-03-2021 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:45 PM

When Pro Tools installation stalls at FB360 Spatial Workstation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS View Post
just hit ignore
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWing View Post
Did that...install fails and the only option is to roll back and exit the installer ...
I’m assuming you also hit the “Retry” button …

Could be a corrupt installer – try downloading it again directly from your Avid Master Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWing View Post
...This is a Win 10 system. Doesn't PT create an Installer log file? If so anyone know what DIR it is created in?
At the end of your next Pro Tools 2021.6 install, tick the box to “Show the Windows Installer log” location – this one’s called: “AvidProTools2021.6 Install – Notepad”
You can save it anywhere – or here:
C:\Program Files\Avid\Pro Tools\LogFiles

Uninstall your existing Pro Tools 2021.6 and everything that came with it (sort by date to view in Windows Programs & Features) - and remove the Avid 2021.6 stock plug-ins from the AAX 64 folder
Run CCleaner, then in CCleaner’s Registry section, scan for issues (save backups when prompted) – might take 3 or 4 scans before “no issues found”

Restart computer

Go offline – disable Network
Disable any anti-virus/background apps/etc.

Install (a fresh download of) Pro Tools 2021.6

Restart computer

As I don't use them - I uninstall FB360 Spatial Workstation and remove the 5 @ FB360 Spatial Workstation plug-ins from the AAX folder - I also uninstall Cloud Client Services - I run Avid Link once to check for any plug-in updates, then uninstall it, too

Restart computer

Launch Pro Tools

Pro Tools 2021.6 is working fine here and elsewhere on Windows 10 - for better advice, if you're still hitting a brick wall ... post a free SiSoft Sandra Lite report ... reckon it's well worth persevering to have both Pro Tools and SO5 - seems like it's "the best of both worlds"!

Last edited by unkJE; 08-04-2021 at 07:51 AM. Reason: no FB here
Old 08-04-2021, 07:39 AM

FWIW, I have none of these issues with Win 10 and any recent version of PT. Also, FWIW, I stopped using the "Run as Admin" bit over a year ago and have had no issues from that either. I suspect that to be a hold over from the Win 7 days and its no longer recommended(at least by me). I agree on downloading again as I have had bad downloads before.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-04-2021, 09:54 AM

I once had a botched PT install that wouldn't let me uninstall or reinstall without failing and had to use the Microsoft Install Tool to fix it.

First I would uninstall PT the best you can and remove any traces of it in Program Files. Next try running the install fixer tool, then try a fresh 2020 install. Hopefully it helps your system too.

System Details
Old 08-08-2021, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkgear View Post
I once had a botched PT install that wouldn't let me uninstall or reinstall without failing and had to use the Microsoft Install Tool to fix it.

First I would uninstall PT the best you can and remove any traces of it in Program Files. Next try running the install fixer tool, then try a fresh 2020 install. Hopefully it helps your system too.
After some investigating via Google, the latest Win 10 update appears to "handcuff" some Installers and you need to add the particular app you're trying
to install to a "Trusted Programs" list in the damn security center! Then it works. MS keeps farking with systems with their updates and is getting to be a REAL PITA!

www.LightWingStudios.com