Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 09-13-2021, 11:20 PM

Default Sessions won't open

I've been using Pro Tools for a while now. Never had any trouble. For some reason my sessions won't open. It's stuck on the loading window and says restoring tracks. I tried pressing shift and double clicking the session to open it so it shuts down the plugins like it says where I looked up on google. I'm using Windows 10 64bit pc pro tools 12.
Old 09-13-2021, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Sessions won't open

W10 is supported on PT2019.5 and later
Old 09-13-2021, 11:51 PM

Has nothing to do with it. I have other sessions that open just fine where the ones that won't open now use to open but now they don't. Like I said I've been using Pro tools for a while now.
Old 09-13-2021, 11:52 PM

You may have had luck, but your software combo is still not supported and Avid will not help you in any way.
Old 09-13-2021, 11:56 PM

^
Old 09-14-2021, 09:38 AM

If some sessions open, consider the following:
1-hold SHIFT while opening a session(which makes all plugins inactive). If this works, then you have a bad/corrupted plugin.
2-create a new blank session and then use the Import Session Data command and import from the troubled session(s). Don't do all the tracks in one shot. Import sections like all drums, then bass and guitars, then keys and vocals. Doing this might reveal a particular track that is causing the issue.
3-if you get any error message, save a screen shot and post it here so others can see the message.
4-Maybe the session is corrupt. While this is a "Hail Mary", it has worked a few times for me; Create a new blank session and change the sample rate(so if the original is 44.1K, make the new one at 48K, or vice versa). Then use Import Session Data and tell the ISD settings to use SRC(Sample Rate Conversion). The change in sample rate causes all the audio files to be re-written, which just might iron out whatever corruption has happened.
5-troubleshooting is an acquired skill. Be methodical(IOW, don't try 10 things at once) and keep track of the steps you try. And, don't forget the backups(assuming you have auto-backup enabled). Fingers crossed for you

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-14-2021, 06:52 PM

Thanks albee. I actually did that the other day where I made a new session and just imported the tracks into the new session along with the tempo changes and all other things. It's just a lot of work and was trying to see if there was an easier way but I guess that's the way I'll have to do it. Whenever I hold down shift to open the session it's does not deactivate plugins for some reason. I've done that before and it worked but not now. Might be the 44.1 or 48.