Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2008, 09:35 PM

Default Bounce to new playlist on selected tracks?

I have a 42 track mix I just completed (I don't usually mix in ProTools, but I know enough to get the same results that I do in nuendo - and I am trying to use PT more often for mixing)

So, I don't use hardware inserts, but I am going to deliver the session to someone who I know does not have MCDSP plugins or URS plugins (he doesn't like them - for familiarity reasons I guess), and uses Waves Plugins primarily. This session is the final "print". It is going on the album as is, but my client, should be able to open the session and hear it exactly as I mixed it at a later date (I keep the raws in a separate playlist btw).

So, how to do it?

1) Send out to a bus for every track and record each of the busses for each track? Or record it on the same track using a duplicated playlist and send with prefader and input set to the bus (this I think is more messy using quickpunch).

2) Bounce to disk, choose a location for each file and bounce for 4min * 42tracks then find each file and re-import - which is something I won't even try.

Regardless if other programs have offline bounce, why not a bounce all selected channels feature that returns the "printed" audio for each channel into a new play list on the selected tracks called "trackname-Print"? I'd sit through the 4 minutes for that if it has to be realtime.

If it has to be realtime for whatever reason, can we get multiple outputs and more options at-least? Can we expect an offline bounce anytime soon?