Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-22-2003, 12:39 PM

Default Error when opening my session

Using PT LE 6.1 for digi002 on os 10.2.6 and PB 12"
I obtain "Could not complete your request because: Assertion in "UFadeRgn.cpp", line 499
when opening my session.

Hallo Digi! Can you help me?

Sc
Old 08-22-2003, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Error when opening my session

Simon,

I have been having the same problem during the past week while working off the firewire drive on the Mix/TDM/0S9/5.1 system at work and then taking it home to my LE/002R setup. According to DIGI this is happening because of corrupted fade file(s)... Yeah. As if it is a proper way to deal with a corrupted file -- to quit the application... (Now it is a whole different story WHY the fade files become corrupted on a perfectly well maintained drive that is only used for audio, defragmented often, and treated with care in general) In any case, I found two solutions for this:

1) If you are also moving the session between two different protools rigs, take the session back to the TDM system (or whichever system you saved it last on) and reopen it there. When prompted for the missing fade, just say "skip all fades". It will then regenerate all the fades in the session
2) I found only one workaround for this on my LE system under OSX: start a new session with matching parameters (bit depth, sampling rate, etc.) Then use "Import Session Data" under the "File" menu. Choose your original session file when prompted. In the next dialog box choose which tracks you want to import (you may want to go with all of them if you are trying to replicate your original session exactly). This way it seems to regenerate the fades and not crash...

Hope this helps...

Old 08-23-2003, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Simon,

I have been having the same problem during the past week while working off the firewire drive on the Mix/TDM/0S9/5.1 system at work and then taking it home to my LE/002R setup. According to DIGI this is happening because of corrupted fade file(s)... Yeah. As if it is a proper way to deal with a corrupted file -- to quit the application... (Now it is a whole different story WHY the fade files become corrupted on a perfectly well maintained drive that is only used for audio, defragmented often, and treated with care in general) In any case, I found two solutions for this:

1) If you are also moving the session between two different protools rigs, take the session back to the TDM system (or whichever system you saved it last on) and reopen it there. When prompted for the missing fade, just say "skip all fades". It will then regenerate all the fades in the session
2) I found only one workaround for this on my LE system under OSX: start a new session with matching parameters (bit depth, sampling rate, etc.) Then use "Import Session Data" under the "File" menu. Choose your original session file when prompted. In the next dialog box choose which tracks you want to import (you may want to go with all of them if you are trying to replicate your original session exactly). This way it seems to regenerate the fades and not crash...

Hope this helps...

Thank you very much for the reply.
Unfortunately the IMPORT SESSION TRACK copy all the audio files in PT LE... a slow method. I have some backups... I'll use the last backup. BUT I hope this bug does'nt corrupt anymore my sessions...

You are right: a corrupted (why corrupted? ) fade can't close the session! Digidesign has to correct this terrible bug, NOW.
BYE.

Sorry for poor english.
Thanks again.
Now I want to hear "digi tech"...

Sc
Old 08-23-2003, 07:21 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately the IMPORT SESSION TRACK copy all the audio files in PT LE... a slow method.

Simon,

I understand your concern, but when importing with "Import Session", you don't have to copy. You can refer to the original audio files, just specify where they are. This setting is on the same page as the track selection, etc. After your new session is created, save it, quit, and then move the new session file along with the new "Fade Files" folder into the old session's folder. Open it and specify the audio and fade folders again. This way the only data you are copying around are the session and fade files, but not the orginal audio data. Play with this, it works ;-)

Cheers,
Dmitri

Old 08-24-2003, 03:44 AM

Yes, it was my fault: trying to import tracks using sessions with different bit depth!!!

But: now I tried to import ALL the tracks in a new session, obtaining the same error, but the session remain open! Ok. But playing stopped in a point where I can see a strange TWO FADE sequence... trying to delete these fades I obtained an "unexpectedly" QUIT.
Now I know where is the problem... and I'll try to repair it.
Thanks.

Simone Corelli