Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 02:56 AM

Default Controlling tracks via Midi on TDM?

Hi Guys,

Strange question maybe, but here it goes:

I use my PT|24 Mix setup as a mixer; I work a lot with midi and all my synths come in thru an Adat bridge and a 1622. I've basically created a session with lots of aux tracks, with synths coming in one each of those so I can have plugins (analog channel, EQ) on them as well.

I sequence using Nuendo on a PC and so whenever I want to record any of my hardware synths I take an ADAT bridge output from the TDM setup and record it via my audiointerface on the PC (an RME card).

What I would like to be able to do is mute/solo some of those auxchannels via midi; currently I have to switch between the mac and the pc to do this, but it is rather longwinded sometimes since they're both on a KVR switch.

Is there a way I can solo/mute channels via midi without having to get a dedicated control surface for protools? All I want is the abillity to send/receive midi messages so I can create a midipatchbay in Nuendo to control those messages so I don't have to switch back and forth..

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Joris