Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 11-18-2001, 08:18 AM

Default Slate Output?

Just started wiring the monitor section. I'm going to utilize the slate output for my studio communications as the C/24 doesn't support studio monitors (weird!)

Question: Does the slate output operate at a preset gain? It doesn't seem to respond to the talkback level control.
Old 11-19-2001, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Slate Output?

The monitor section for the C24 is overall pretty weird. Add to that I'm in an ad studio that needs client talkback mics as well as engineer's station talkback, and it's downright frustrating. The slate output gave me big amounts of hum, and it seemed to be always active, therefore useless for slating takes as the noise would be all over the take. I ended up taking the aux out (which the talkback mic feeds) to a small mixer (and the two client mics are also plugged in to this mixer), then to my headphone amp. Pressing the "monitor to aux" button puts the ProTools output to the mixer.

But I still have to walk out into my voice booth to slate mixes and haven't figured out a good way to slate takes during a session.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-28-2002, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Slate Output?

If you can spare an input/mic, then simply have a slate mic sitting on your desk and run the output from C24 into either an aux input or audio track in PT (aux in would just be for talkback during tracking). Hope this helps!