Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 09:21 PM

Default 002 Mixer won\'t turn on, dots appear... help!

Ok. so I am running an Imac g4 laptop with the 002 mixer. We are also using an external hard drive.

So, I was running protools and I hit the power strip to and it turn the external hard drive off that protools was using the files from. Protools froze up pretty good, and I had to restart. The mixer was still showing the dialog from the session I had open after I restarted. I turned off the mixer and turned it back on. Instead of having words on the mixer screen there was just dots. I turned it off left it alone for a couple days then went back and it worked fine. but. I didnt learn from my lesson and did the same thing about a week later. not good. I did all the same stuff as before. but now my mixer is just showing dots and still won't work. its been about 2 weeks since this happened. any help would be awesome.

thanks,

Nick

PS I did a search and didn't find anything. I am sorry if something like this is has already been posted and I hope I gave you guy enough info.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: 002 Mixer won\'t turn on, dots appear... help!

This did happen to me some time ago. I use an external firewire drive.

At first Digi (via my dealer) gave me a 'hard-reboot' sequence -

power off
hold down escape display rec
switch on

It didn't work & they fixed it for free. I think that the trouble encountered by engineers when developing the firewire aspect of the 002 was linked in some way to the dots on the strip...

Anyway good luck.

If you are still having trouble tell Digi and tell your dealer then they can offer you some assistance, but (I have found) you will have to be both patient and persistent

I do advise ejecting the firewire from the desktop then turning the 002 off when powering down.
I connect the firewire to the PowerBook and the 002. Not the method Digi state is best but it works for me...