Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #131  
Old 06-27-2024, 03:15 PM
Darryl Ramm Darryl Ramm is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 19,903
Default Re: 2024.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Zone View Post
A bit rude. Darryl, I appreciate your wide knowlegde but we all make mistakes sometimes.
Repeated argumentative posts like I was replying to from the same user are not "mistakes". A forum like DUC does not need repeated argumentative and technically wrong posts filling up threads with such nonsense, especially not from a moderator. When there are repeated posts here like that I will call out the BS clearly. Other efforts to curb that behavior have just not helped. I you don't like my replies you are free to block me.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 06-27-2024, 04:36 PM
EGS's Avatar
EGS EGS is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,713
Default Re: 2024.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
... technically wrong posts ... I will call out the BS clearly...
Yay!!!
__________________
Desktop build: PT 2024.6 / Win 11 / i9-11900K @ 5.1GHz / 64GB / 4TB NVMe PCIe 4 / Gigabyte Z590 Vision D / PreSonus 2626
Laptop: PT 2024.6 / Win 11 / i5-12500H / 16GB / 1TB NVMe / Lenovo IdeaPad 5i Pro / U-PHORIA UMC1820
Ancient/Legacy (still works!): PT 5 & 6 / OS9 & OSX / Mac G4 / DIGI 001
Click for audio/video demo
Click for resume
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 06-27-2024, 07:36 PM
audiolex1 audiolex1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Studio City
Posts: 507
Default Re: 2024.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Zone View Post
A bit rude. Darryl, I appreciate your wide knowlegde but we all make mistakes sometimes.
Well, I don't mind Darryl correcting anything. Because he stops long threads, with incorrect information.

He just gets straight to the point and there is no need to sugar coat which I doubt is rude intentionally.
There is no need to question and I believe that is the point.

He is probably one of the most helpful here is on the DUC.
__________________
Mac Pro 5,1. 3.46 12 core, 128 gigs ram, 580 GPU flashed Apple EMI, 3 monitors
PT Ult 2023.6, OSX 10.14.6, 3 card PCI-e expansion with 3.2 USB Sonnet card.
OCTO 8 card, Apollo 8 Quad, UAD quad satellite FW.
Almost every plugin
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 06-27-2024, 10:30 PM
PT Zone PT Zone is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: EU
Posts: 21
Default Re: 2024.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I(f) you don't like my replies you are free to block me.
No, as I said, I appreciate your knowledge – and I'm an advocate of a free speech in any case.

But to call someone a "reindeer excrete" is unnecessary IMO – on the other hand I'm not a moderator here, and on the (third) other hand it´s somehow refreshing if someone speaks so bluntly in these times of "safe spaces".

What comes to Mr. Freak, I agree with some other posters that he's a strange moderator and often also rude in his responses.

So carry on Darryl.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 06-27-2024, 11:16 PM
BScout BScout is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,311
Default Re: 2024.6

He wasn't calling someone that. He was calling the information provided that. Which it was.
Calling someone that would be against the forum rules.
(also, none of this has to do with "free speech")
__________________
Pro Tools Ult 2024.6, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface ProS1 x 2, Fire Max11 x 2, Dock, iPad Air5 Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.7RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 coreQNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 06-28-2024, 01:07 AM
PT Zone PT Zone is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: EU
Posts: 21
Default Re: 2024.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
He wasn't calling someone that. He was calling the information provided that. Which it was.
Calling someone that would be against the forum rules.
(also, none of this has to do with "free speech")
Ah, sorry, I'm not a native English speaker – with a limited understanding of English – so I thought that that was personal and was a bit surprised because of that. So I'm sorry.

Maybe it was because he mentioned a reindeer and since the person in question is Finnish, I thought it was personal.

But I disagree with your last paragraph, of course this has something to do with the free speech. In these days free speech is in grave danger because in general expressions like "hate speech", "disinformation" etc. are used only to censor unwanted and uncomfortable truths.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 06-28-2024, 10:37 AM
Eric Lambert's Avatar
Eric Lambert Eric Lambert is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,724
Default Re: 2024.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Zone View Post
Maybe it was because he mentioned a reindeer and since the person in question is Finnish, I thought it was personal.
Chiming in here to say that my brain did also connect those dots, whether they were intentional or just coincidental. I assumed coincidental and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Zone View Post
free speech is in grave danger because in general expressions like "hate speech", "disinformation" etc. are used only to censor unwanted and uncomfortable truths.
Absolutely 100% correct and it's a ruinous trend which is gaining in popularity, but it's not a topic for a gear forum.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 06-29-2024, 12:29 AM
PT Zone PT Zone is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: EU
Posts: 21
Default Re: 2024.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
... but it's not a topic for a gear forum.
True, let's continue with the gear.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 06-29-2024, 05:26 AM
JFreak's Avatar
JFreak JFreak is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 25,033
Default Re: 2024.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Zone View Post
What comes to Mr. Freak,
... is that I can take as reindeer comment, especially from Darryl who I respect a lot and understand comment like that means nothing
__________________
Janne
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PT 2024.3 | Released TrentWilliams Pro Tools 222 06-16-2024 07:03 AM
PT Ultimate 2024.3.1 mhender Pro Tools 7 04-24-2024 07:38 AM
PT 2024.3 with D-command Boe Larsen Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) 3 03-25-2024 03:52 AM
GetTrackList command still returns an empty array here - Pro Tools 2024.3/SDK 2024.3 GRT Pro Tools Scripting SDK Toolkit 6 03-19-2024 01:11 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:15 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com