Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2022, 11:29 AM

Default Re: iZotope is on a euthanising spree

I'm wondering why they announce this just now, these plug-ins were on the list of Rosetta Only plug-ins for a long time. They tried to make a dime with discount sales of these for 2 years and now must have gotten tiered of being asked for Silicone compatibility dozens of times per day.

I guess the backlash from the users will be quite harsh. Whenever a company goes so clearly against the interests of its users it's quite fatal. It took Waves a long time to recover from the WUP disaster and TC is still suffering from their past product policy. We tend to forget, but the Pro-Audio community is really tiny compared to other industries.

I will be loosing 6 plug-ins in the long term and it will need some killer innovation for me to look their way again. And a RX plug-in component of Loudness Control - which I already own - and some AI BS is certainly not going to cut it.
Old 10-27-2022, 11:51 AM

It’s funny I bought Breaktweaker Expanded a while ago for $149 and a week later it was on sale for $14 or something hehe…

Talk about lame.

Another funny thing? I just uninstalled all my Izotope plug-ins last night as Ozone has always been such a CPU hog that I just never use it or the rest of the catalog.

Why do I keep upgrading to their latest? Don’t know. Hype I guess?

I’m done with them, for good this time. Just a weird company, to me.

I do use Stutter Edit though sometimes but I think that’s going the euthanasia route soon as well.
(16GB RAM, 1TB SSD internal)
Samsung T7 x a few
Samsung 980 Pro x 2 (in Acasis TB/USB 4 enclosures)
Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt (my hero)
Old 10-27-2022, 11:00 PM

I got my Intel iMac from 2020 this year. The 2017 just rolled off of Avid's and MacOS compatibility radars.

I get support on all these iZotope new apps for a bit less than a year, they'll keep working on one of my partitions that will stay at Monterey. I'll keep moving forward with another partition on Ventura. I expect moving forward will be what keeps me careful, and I'll get to fully enjoy all my existing iZotope products for as long as they're supported or I don't update to unsupported.

It makes me think of wanting a Model T Ford, but like the original, moldy seats are okay, but no rust on my steel, please.

Honestly, the term euthanize is the most offensive thing, due to the history of the term, and not the history of technology to move on. That's just fine to me ultimately.

Devs don't even wanna keep working on things into their 120's, right?

Added note: Also, I read 2 of the plugins were staying, and 1 each would cover 2 other departing plugins' presets. So that's not trying to do nothing at all. Can keep some of the sound... Yeah yeah things change it hurts but its okay too
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //