Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2012, 01:46 PM

Question Elastic audio problem???

New to me. PT 10HD 3 Accel, Mac Pro, version 10.2.0. (OS 10.6.8, 14 gigs ram)

I have about 15 stereo audio tracks that I am using for a remix. I enable tick based, polyphonic elastic audio on all the tracks. Then I will usually go through and cut a 8 to 16 bar stretch of each song and tempo map them using the elastic time compression trim tool. After that I will drag the ending out with the normal trim tool to make the rest of the track remain in sync. Usually requires a little finessing but I can almost always get the tracks to lineup. Problem on some of these tracks today for me is when I try and drag the front end of the region backwards to to keep the audio previous to the trim at the new tempo, the newly revealed audio is playing back at the old tempo. I am wondering if elastic audio has issues with memory due to the large number of tracks in the session. If I try and time compress from the beginning of every single track I don't have this problem. But have noticed that anytime I try and trim it an area further into the track down to the correct time compression and then drag backwards to reveal previous information the information earlier is showing up as the old speed.

To clarify my workflow is:

Find a section of the song that has a fairly defined steady beat time. Compress that region to the new tempo, drag out the back and the front end to keep the tempo of all of the music conformed to the new adjusted tempo.

Not sure if this is very clear but I've never had this issue before even with this many tracks and I'm trying to figure out what could be the issue. Thanks for any and all assistance.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Elastic audio problem???

Not sure if I have understood perfectly but I think I have a similar problem. I am working on two tracks simultaneously (grouped), I am making big modifications with elastic audio (but not going in the "red zone") but playback simply does not reflect what I do, it playbacks normally as if I am not doing anything. I am in PT 8.1.1 HD 8 Gb RAM, Snow Leopard, Elastic audio polyphonic set at real-time processing.