Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 11-24-2022, 11:51 PM

Default Any chance for a break on Perpetual license renewal

I've been with PT since 2001. Hate to think how much I have spent on it over the years. This is a friends and family hobby studio.
i.e non-income earning

Any chance Avid will cut us long time users a break in the near future? I see there is a break for Subscription folks.

Recently bought Logic/FCP and MainStage for less than my Perpetual annual renewal....WTF

I would love to say I am easily moving into LOGIC but 62 year old brains are not as elastic as one would hope.

The truth is I LIKE how Pro Tools works and the latest versions are as stable as they have ever been. I just think those of us who have been with the platform for over two decades should get a break.

OK : Rant over. For Now
Old 11-25-2022, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Any chance for a break on Perpetual license renewawal

I've decided on a different kind of break - a break from the support plan. I got one of the reinstatement licenses when reduced in a sale, and when my current plan runs out I'll just hold fire til I really need to update or think it's worth it. Since the reinstatement was only 25% more than a regular subscription, I'd only have to wait 3 months before I'd break even, and every month after that I save.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 11-25-2022, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
I've decided on a different kind of break - a break from the support plan.
+1

I am taking my second break from the Avid perpetual tax. Support is on hold until Avid decide to lower the compulsory contributions and show love and mercy to us mere mortals.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 11-25-2022, 06:56 AM

Let it expire and it’s a much heftier price tag to reinstate. (Don’t get me wrong, I always grumble a bit when I pay my $399 every year.)
Old 11-25-2022, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
Let it expire and it’s a much heftier price tag to reinstate. (Don’t get me wrong, I always grumble a bit when I pay my $399 every year.)
Not really (as per my earlier post). For Ultimate, it's 25% only more if you get it in one of their sales. Another of Avid's quirks is that they discount the reinstatements, but never the regular annual support itself it seems.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 11-25-2022, 07:52 AM

My reinstatement (because I stopped my “support” plan at PT 12.4 Ultimate) was $1199…..
They keep changing their minds, too. For awhile they had done away with reinstatements altogether, so if you let
your Ultimate support plan lapse, you had to buy the software again ($2599 last time I checked.) From where I sit, that’s a pretty hefty price tag.
Old 11-25-2022, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
My reinstatement (because I stopped my “support” plan at PT 12.4 Ultimate) was $1199…..
They keep changing their minds, too. For awhile they had done away with reinstatements altogether, so if you let
your Ultimate support plan lapse, you had to buy the software again ($2599 last time I checked.) From where I sit, that’s a pretty hefty price tag.
That's why you have to keep your eye out for the sales when they do them. Reinstatement dropped to $749, but then they had it on sale a couple of months ago for $499. If you buy from a reseller, you just keep the code until you need it one day.

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 11-25-2022, 08:37 AM

Path of least resistance here is just renew the support plan every year.
Old 11-25-2022, 09:20 AM

There’s this from an earlier thread…..

https://www.thomannmusic.com/avid_pr...de_renewal.htm
Old 11-25-2022, 10:15 AM

The Ultimate Reinstatement is on sale for $499 again:

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products...icense-upgrade