Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-30-2019, 10:43 AM
Avid

Default Logic Pro and Cubase/Nuendo top 5 bugs or Feature additions

Please can you list your top 5-10 Logic Pro or Cubase/Nuendo bugs and new features they have added and not EUCONized. Please try and make sure these are things that they need to implement and not general EUCON issues.

I'll start......

Logic Pro:
Plugins don't show up after inserting, until session is reloaded
Old 10-30-2019, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Logic Pro and Cubase/Nuendo top 5 bugs or Feature additions

Off the top of my head :

VCA spill (or equivalent)
One button change of automation status on a track (ie. write to read, without having to use the Wave key on a S5)

Steven Ghouti, Re-recording Mixer, Yellow Cab Studios

The studio FB page
Old 10-30-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Please can you list your top 5-10 Logic Pro or Cubase/Nuendo bugs and new features they have added and not EUCONized. Please try and make sure these are things that they need to implement and not general EUCON issues.

I'll start......

Logic Pro:
Plugins don't show up after inserting, until session is reloaded
Same goes for Sends/Busses.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 10-31-2019, 12:14 PM

Logic Pro X Top Bugs and Feature Requests

1. Bug - Display inserted plugin/send
2. Bug - Control App - in Channel - Orange Config button on inputs (e.g. Virtual Instruments) will not appear unless you click the VI open and then go back - then Config button appears and is clickable so you can insert new Input
3. Logic Feature - VCA Spill like with PT and Dock/Mix/S1/S3
4. Logic Feature - Instrument/Plugin Library Preset View - PT and Eucon already have a function with Config to see presets - also see Logic Remote app how you see/scroll/select all the presets within plugin and instrument - iPad perfect for that - very least euconize preset advance functionality
5. Logic Feature - Tempo - big knob on Dock adjust tempo
6. Logic Feature - Arrangement Markers - Markers are looked after but Arrangement Markers are unique to Logic and so nice to navigate with buttons also
7. Logic Feature - EQ - allow Dock encoder to switch between Frequency and Q
8. Logic Feature - EQ - like MCU - for EQ (Logic's Channel EQ) allow full Mix/S1/S3 surface map to EQ so faders are Gain and Encoders are Freq/Q
9. Logic Feature - EQ - allow third party EQ be default EQ plugin
10. Logic Feature - Dynamic - enable functionality to insert default Dynamic plugin like with PT

Last edited by sjgam; 11-04-2019 at 06:41 AM.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:26 AM

I know it's been mentioned before, but I would love to see the Cubase Mix Console scroll/follow with the Bank/Nudge buttons on my Artist Mix

Last edited by Big Mother; 11-01-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mother View Post
I know it's been mentioned before, but I would love to see the Cubase Mix Console scroll/follow with the Bank/Nudge buttons on my Artist Mix
This
Old 11-03-2019, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1145 View Post
Off the top of my head :
VCA spill (or equivalent)
If Steinberg would implement show/hide track functionality then we would effectively already have VCA spill because Cubase already has a visibility function called "Show Tracks Linked To Selected Track".
Old 11-03-2019, 03:35 AM

FYI, I currently own an S3/Artist Transport and this is what my comments are based on.

1. If tracks are hidden in Cubase, they should also become hidden on the control surface This is the highest priority for me by a very long way, hence the bold type .

2. When I hit the EQ button, I want the EQ parameters spread across all 16 knobs.
Currently it only spreads across 8 knobs which means I have to press various buttons to switch between Q/Frequency/Gain/EQ Type. Also when I rearrange parameters in the Remote Control Editor, it has no effect on what is shown on the controller. This is too fussy and I just use the mouse instead.
Alternatively, I can access the EQ by pressing the Strip button, and then the EQ button. Now I have EQ across 16 knobs and the Remote Control Editor works which is great BUT it requires 2 button presses to access the EQ instead of one and it does not bring up the EQ curve window in the Cubase mixer.

3. Fix the bug whereby I cannot mute VCA tracks from the controller. This used to be possible but several versions ago, it stopped working.

4. When I bank the controller, the Cubase mixer should also bank/scroll.

There are probably some other improvements I can think of but for now, these are the key things. It has been very frustrating owning what is sooooo close to the perfect controller but seeing it's usefulness severely reduced by a couple of major flaws so very happy to see some attention put on this.

Last edited by J-S-Q; 11-07-2019 at 06:54 AM.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-S-Q View Post
If Steinberg would implement show/hide track functionality then we would effectively already have VCA spill because Cubase already has a visibility function called "Show Tracks Linked To Selected Track".

+1
Having the hardware follow every view of Nuendo is critically important! It is so distracting to have to wade through dozens of tracks, that are hidden on the screen, to get to the ones that are actually selected for viewing. Even worse is trying to get to the controls for said tracks. If you're looking at tracks 1, 22 - 25 and 48 the only way to get the controls to reflect that on the hardware surface is to build a layout,which is a total workflow shut down!

That, plus getting the PT Control App to stop crashing Nuendo on PC systems, would be my biggest concerns.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:55 AM

Clicking the Tracks tab in the PT Control app with larger track counts crashes Cubase/Nuendo every time. This makes it scary to use the app - if you accidentally hit that tab you are toast. This happens on Mac for sure, not sure about PC.