Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2021, 12:21 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio HDX and Dolby Atmos Production Suite

I'm also constantly getting "Audio Multicast Bandwith Updating" in the Dante Controller app if that means anything. Obviously this happens after I loose connection in some manner to one or all Dante devices.
Old 06-29-2021, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombot View Post
I'm also constantly getting "Audio Multicast Bandwith Updating" in the Dante Controller app if that means anything. Obviously this happens after I loose connection in some manner to one or all Dante devices.
Sounds like you have a problem with your switch.
Old 06-29-2021, 02:10 PM

I have the approved switch. What could be wrong with it?
Old 06-29-2021, 02:54 PM

Its tricky to narrow down the problem with more details. Did it work OK running DCHP with just the MTRX studio and DVS without any other switch or dante gear attached? Also, have you confirmed that your HDX sample rate in audio midi setup matches the sample rate in DADman, and DVS. DVS can't follow sample rate changes.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 06-29-2021, 03:03 PM

No it didn't. The way I've had it, which has worked with really no issues for at least 8 months, has been...

Computer:
Mac Pro 2019
OS 10.15.7 (basically all Catalina versions)
PRoTools Ultimate (all latest versions until this new Hybrid update)
DVS 64x64, 4ms latency, Belkin USB C to Ethernet adaptor into Cisco SG350-28 switch.
MTRX Studio:
Manual IP
Also plugged into Cisco switch

Never an issue until I tried the new Dante routing in the Dante Controller and new Digilink routing in the DADMan, and firing up the HDX engine in the new version of ProTools.

Another thing I have noticed is that I went "somewhat" back to the way I was working before. Although I did update everything (DVS, Dante Controller, DADMan, and PT) I did eliminate most of the streams from the MTRX to the Mac and things seem more stable. When I had 64 going in both directions that seemed to create a problem wether I used the HDX engine or the DVS engine.
Old 06-29-2021, 05:44 PM

Quote:
When I had 64 going in both directions that seemed to create a problem wether I used the HDX engine or the DVS engine.
Anecdotally that was also my experience. I haven't had an opportunity to look into it further but will report back when I do.
Old 06-29-2021, 05:51 PM

The only other thing I would suggest is to try the Apple Thunderbolt Ethernet adapter (with the appropriate TB2 to TB3 adapter), as that was the one that Audinate qualifies. That's also something I plan to try.
Old 06-29-2021, 07:50 PM

So I spoke to a former Focusrite employee today and he gave me some help to get it going. So again, it is working for now. I wound up having to make multi-stream packets in groups of 8 and 16 and bumped up the latency to the max on the DVS and both of my Dante devices. I'm still in the "amber" with the MTRX Studio in this configuration but both devices are staying locked and no issues like before with the devices dropping out. Getting full signal to the Dolby renderer. I still might have some sort of network issue because now my EuControl won't open without crashing and it seems like when it is connected the Dante suffers. I have no idea if this is all related but that's where it's at now.
Old 06-29-2021, 09:08 PM

I had everything going then opened Apple Music and played one song and while the Dante Controller was open the MTRX Studio went into the red under latency and audio cut out. So it's all about the Dante settings. For whatever reason it just doesn't seem to be able to handle all the streams. I guess that's the issue. I'm not totally sure. Ugh
Old 06-29-2021, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I had everything going then opened Apple Music and played one song and while the Dante Controller was open the MTRX Studio went into the red under latency and audio cut out. So it's all about the Dante settings. For whatever reason it just doesn't seem to be able to handle all the streams. I guess that's the issue. I'm not totally sure. Ugh
This is probably going to be your best option if you have a slot free (should fit in the Apple I/O card slot if you've filled the rest of the slots). Cheaper than a MADI card and doesn't halve the channel count at 96k.