Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-02-2022, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Avid Artist Mix Replacement touch-sensitive rotary encoders

Just got a second hand artist mix with the touch fonction on the second pot not working (thank you seller...).

I booted it in test mode and found that if I touched on the side of c111 (not on top) it would register the touch function but not if I touched the "welding" directly right to R91.
For the other function pots, touching the "welding" would trigger the touch function.

I tried some contact cleaner, didn't do anything at first then it started working again. Not sure for how long but anyway, thought that might help some people having similar issues.

If it fails again I may try to redo the welding (or most likely ask someone who really knows how to), good news is the actual encoder / touch chip is working.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3652.jpg (54.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-18-2022, 08:08 PM

I spent a bit of time feeding deoxit d5 into the encoder (without dissasembling), drip by drip with a small tip...worked again for a day, but back jittery now...same story jumping backwards, or staying around same value...touch OK...thought it fixed it at first

...think I'll have to replace it...might do them all while I'm at it...and all the faders...
Old 10-19-2022, 01:08 AM

Maybe try disassembling first and giving it a good cleaning (it’s fairly easy to get to the backplate. Front is another story as you need to desolder)
Old 10-19-2022, 04:35 PM

I actually just did the same thing again and back working again...I'll try just keep doing that for the moment...

I think if I open it, I'll just go in to replace it...
Old 10-29-2022, 10:52 AM

So as per pictures. Basically one drop of D5 right there. Twist knob slowly at first and it'll just wick down the shaft. Then twist the knob in alternate directions for a few mins afterwards, but don't press the button. Go make a coffee. It'll be back working perfect, albeit with a different feel. It only seems to last a few days though, and you have to do it again.

https://imgur.com/a/9cQPmJK