Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 09-05-2022, 11:05 AM

Default Eleven rack editor

Has Avid discontinued the eleven rack editor? Mine quit working. I deleted it from AppData> Roaming> Avid, then tried to reopen it. I'm still getting a white screen. I went to Avid to download the editor but nothing happens. I click on the download link and nothing. Pls help.
Old 09-05-2022, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Eleven rack editor

Try it from here and right click "Save as" the link, instead of just clicking on it.

I don't know why, but the download doesn't kick of by clicking the link as it should.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 09-05-2022, 11:45 AM

Joel already gave you the magic to get the download happening, that download problem seems to affects multiple things on Avid's web site.

But to answer the rest, the Editor for the orange box of magic is unfortunately effectively a discontinued/dead product and was just about that soon after it was released.

You may run into problems getting the Editor working, and there are some great threads on DUC about getting it working on Windows and MacOS releases that you can search for. See this thread as an example: https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=411070 there may be some misinformation/unnecessary folklore floating around about what to do to get this working, I remember some confusion way back when, maybe including from me. So have a good read through a few threads you can find (google search with site:duc.avid.com qualifier). And it's been a while since I got this working on Windows. I just gave up with the editor, easier for me to just drive stuff from the front panel.
Old 09-05-2022, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelG View Post
I don't know why, but the download doesn't kick of by clicking the link as it should.
Grrr this issue has been ongoing for a long while with some links, not sure of the past causes, but I can see a problem here. Filed case #04496905 asked support to bounce it to Jeffro.

Some browsers/security settings will also complain about security problems if you do a "save link as" on this link.
Old 10-15-2022, 05:57 PM

Its working for me, but may or may not open to a blank white screen. If it does this, don't delete the editor, just go to Roaming>Avid>Eleven Rack Editor and delete the 3 files(which will re-appear the next time you start the editor).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-15-2022, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Grrr this issue has been ongoing for a long while with some links, not sure of the past causes, but I can see a problem here. Filed case #04496905 asked support to bounce it to Jeffro.

Some browsers/security settings will also complain about security problems if you do a "save link as" on this link.
Since this thread popped up again. I'll add that Jeffro sorted out some of these download links not working, it was do to with old Digilink security certificates on these links, some were fixed and other folks were left to scrub the whole website, but hopefully this problem is on it's way out or totally gone. If you see it with any other download links please post them.
Old 11-06-2022, 09:04 AM

As far as Editor use on MacOS, the only reliable way I have found to use it is to install a new copy of Mojave on one of external drives (be sure to use a removable drive is capable of serving as a boot drive) and then install iLoc and the Eleven Rack drivers and the editor on the removable drive. Then I boot from this external drive to use the editor. When I am done I reboot my iMac and use the Eleven Rack as an external guitar processor via audio cable inputs. I know this sounds like a pain…it is…but I have a large number of patches that I developed over the years and still want to be able to use them…so this is my work-around.
Luna 1.5, Logic Pro 10.8/Logic Pro 10.7.9, Cubase Pro 13.0.10, Studio One Pro 6.5.1, Pro Tools Studio 2023.9, UAD-2 software 11, PreSonus Quantum 2, UA Apollo 8, UA Apollo Twin Mk 2 (2), UAD-2 Thunderbolt Satellite Quad (2), Fractal Axe Fx III Mk. II Turbo FW 23.02, USB FW 1.15 and Axe-Edit III 1.13.08, Studio A: Apple iMac 2020, i7 8-core 3.8 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP5700XT GPU, 10 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Ventura 13.6.2. Studio B: Apple iMac 2015, i7 4-core 4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP395X GPU, 1 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Monterey 12.7.1.