Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2014, 04:57 PM

Default Arturia V Collection 4

Anybody here running the Arturia V Collection 4 successfully? Having several issues with the demo. Spark 2 loses MIDI mapping and won't accept a remap (mainly for master level control). Analog Lab is missing presets for the Solina, Vox Continental and Matrix 12 and when you click on the associated synth in the upper right studio panel the synth doesn't stay highlighted. The Prophet 5 emulation locks onto one patch and won't change in Analog Lab.

I do have the latest build of Analog Lab so that's not the issue. Luckily the three synths I do own (Moog Modular, Moog Mini and CS80) play as they should, which is quite excellent. Interesting that Arturia dropped 'Moog' form the synth name.

The Arturia forums are a waste of time as a number of people post issues and plenty of views but no answers.

QAPLA!
Old 12-20-2014, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Arturia V Collection 4

Yup, welcome to the wonderful world of Arturia and the fact that their support is TERRIBLE and even worse, if that's possible, when it comes to Pro Tools. I've been trying to get them to acknowledge the fact that the Jupiter 8 VI loses it's right output after a minute or so for three years now. When they answered at all it was only after two or three months. Beyond pathetic. Oh, and quite a waste of time. Now ask me what I really think. Ha.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Interesting that Arturia dropped 'Moog' form the synth name.
I read that their licensing deal to use the moog name expired but I can't remember where...
Old 12-20-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
Yup, welcome to the wonderful world of Arturia and the fact that their support is TERRIBLE and even worse, if that's possible, when it comes to Pro Tools. I've been trying to get them to acknowledge the fact that the Jupiter 8 VI loses it's right output after a minute or so for three years now. When they answered at all it was only after two or three months. Beyond pathetic. Oh, and quite a waste of time. Now ask me what I really think. Ha.
It's a shame really as I have been using the Moog Modular and Moog Mini and CS80 since they came out for Windows ages ago when I ran a Windows/Sonar 8 system. And they've all run pretty well.

I had such high hopes for this collection but wasn't to happen. Thankfully they have a demo of the collection so people won't have to spend money and then find out how screwed they are.

About the only good thing that's come out is they came to their senses with an authorization system. First it was a simple system, then they went to the dongle (hardware or software elicenser) and now they're back to the authorization on the computer with 5 authorizations.

QAPLA!
Old 12-20-2014, 01:59 PM

The upside is that most of them work fine in Reaper and that can be ReWired into Pro Tools no problem. Haven't tried it with Vienna but I'm sure that that works fine as well, just more of a pain. The VI's really do sound pretty darn good so it's worth the extra hassle.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
The upside is that most of them work fine in Reaper and that can be ReWired into Pro Tools no problem. Haven't tried it with Vienna but I'm sure that that works fine as well, just more of a pain. The VI's really do sound pretty darn good so it's worth the extra hassle.
Horrid in VEP. Crash Crash Crash.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwasserman View Post
Horrid in VEP. Crash Crash Crash.
Thanks for the heads up on that one! Why am I not surprised. What a company. The worst thing about this is that they don't seem to give a rat's a__ about any of it and they will probably never change. They must have a big enough user base that doesn't include any of us. Still, how a company that makes a product that it's hit or miss as to whether or not it will work in any given application can survive is kinda ridiculous.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up on that one! Why am I not surprised. What a company. The worst thing about this is that they don't seem to give a rat's a__ about any of it and they will probably never change. They must have a big enough user base that doesn't include any of us. Still, how a company that makes a product that it's hit or miss as to whether or not it will work in any given application can survive is kinda ridiculous.
They're working off their old reputation of a working Moog Modular, Mini and CS80 synths hoping they can ride those coattails on the new stuff and it ain't working.

I've played a real Vox Continental and Solina back in the day (yes I'm that old) and these emulations don't sound all that much like what I remember the old hardware sounding. Arturia screwed up with the Leslie combination with the Conti; they neglected to include the external large stompbox preamp/interface Leslie concocted to connect regular equipment like guitars and synths to a Leslie. That had a large part to do with the sound. Not to mention Arturia's Leslie has no guts to the sound.

Unfortunately with Arturia I doubt any other developer can get a license to do the Conti, Solina and others. And I'd really love to see another goodie from the old days - Crumar Orchestrator, a decent Farfisa. Throw in a Fender Keyboard bass like Ray Manzarek played. 60's nirvana.

QAPLA!
Old 12-21-2014, 05:02 PM

I'd be all in on those too.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:59 PM

Update on the missing presets mentioned in post #1 here. I posted about this on the Arturia forum and lo and behold I got one of their mods ear. After trying a couple of things he had me delete the existing install of Analog Lab and reinstall and everything is working okay (at least in OSX 10.8.5 as it frequently crashes in OSX 10.9.5). Apparently even though the install is now in the root of the Library folder on a Mac and not Library/Application Support it somehow copied over an old database from the existing install and that caused the issue.

So I guess the solution is to first save off in a safe place any user created presets in Analog Lab, uninstall Analog Lab and reinstall it. Did that and the presets were there.

I still get a couple of the synths that crash/quit to desktop in standalone in OSX 10.8.5 and every once in a while certain notes go silent across all synths and I know my keyboard (Motif 7) is perfectly fine.

QAPLA!