Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2002, 04:56 PM

Default Just when I thought you couldn\'t get any lower..

Friday night I loaded Free on my laptop... (up to requirement) and it crashed me totally... lost everything even the authorization for my MP3 encoder..... Tried to encode today with 001.... It worked, but told me it;s only a 30 day trial... What the F$$$ is that all about... $1000 for a program, and your expected to by a simple think like MP3 encoder... they just give you a "teaser"... That is F$$$$$$ hilarious... Yeah the pPT LE is awesome, but that doesn;t make good for the fact that the people who put the package together are a bunch of.... well nevermind... I guess im gonna just have to bend over and take it...Where do I buy it..? ARRRGHGGH!

PS.. Thank you for your generosity.

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2002, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Just when I thought you couldn\'t get any lower..

Are you using the Digi 001 on a laptop with an expansion chassis, or are you saying you had your MP3 Option serial number stored there and lost that text? Contact Customer Service if that is the case, and we can provide your registration information.

As we've explained on the DUC before, the cost of the MP3 Option goes to cover the per user license fee that we are required to pay to the Fraunhofer Institute for the encoder. We could add the encoder to every copy of Pro Tools, but then we would have to raise the price for everyone with Pro Tools, rather than just the people that want it as an option. A number of people use other MP3 encoders and may not want to pay extra for something that they may not use.

Anyway, if you already own MP3 Export or MP3 Option, you can download backups or updates from the downloads section of support.

If you need to purchase MP3 Export or MP3 Option, you can get it from the DigiStore, linked in the menu of the website, or go directly here: http://store.digidesign.com
Old 01-06-2002, 05:25 PM

it takes about 10 seconds to encode a 3 minute song with lame encoder or blade encoder or any of the other free encoders. don't waste yer $20....
Old 01-06-2002, 08:27 PM

Free is good. I use: http://www.cdex.n3.net/ which uses the Lame encoder.

darryl
Old 01-07-2002, 05:33 AM

Hey Digi....
No, none of the above.... Im using my digi 001 on a full sized PIII 1000 512mbRAM with, Glyph Drive, Intel Chips....Runs beautifully I might add...
The MP3 Auth that got wiped was from another coder I bought, not the digi one... and it's a pain in the butt to have to download it again and have to set it up and email them for my Authorization # again.... Know what i mean??.... After the crash, I needed to Encode some stuff, and I thought Digi would be there for me...they were, but only for a small trial period and I would be lying to say that im not dissapointed.