Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-10-2001, 02:36 PM

Default Midi click not syncing - how do I fix this?

Sorry to keep posting what I'm sure seem like newbie questions everyone...

I'm trying to use my PC's onboard sound for MIDI as I don't have ready access to a keyboard/synth module. If I tell it to do a simple standard click, it doesn't start click until about a beat and a half after I hit play and it's totally off the beat the whole time.

The same thing happens if I'm trying to record too. This is really frustrating... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 10-10-2001, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Midi click not syncing - how do I fix this?

I am not sure what you are getting for a click if you have no midi device connected to Digi. I would suggest you e-mail Digi Tech Support and ask them for help, or go to answer base online and searcha few keywords there. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

BillT
Old 10-10-2001, 06:50 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by billt:
I am not sure what you are getting for a click if you have no midi device connected to Digi. I would suggest you e-mail Digi Tech Support and ask them for help, or go to answer base online and searcha few keywords there. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

BillT
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I'm doing is using the audio out on my motherboard's soundcard and going into the 3 and 4 analog inputs on the Digi. I set PT to use the mobo soundcard for playing MIDI instead of the Digi's ports. The click then comes in via the souncard through an aux track.
Old 10-10-2001, 07:11 PM

Hi
I think I know what you mean. We had a similar problem after programming a beat using midi to our drum machine, next time we went to play it back it would be slightly out of time. I'm not at my PT computer at the moment so soory if this sounds a bit vague. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] We solved the problem by changing the DAE settings. I think it's in the hardware setup menu somewhere. Someone else might be kind enough to post exactly where it is. Have an experiment with that and see how you go.
Good luck
Mark
Old 10-10-2001, 09:28 PM

This is just an idea, but do you have the midi count-in on even when in play?

Hope this helps. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]