Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 01-04-2014, 07:24 PM

Default Can not download Pro Tools 11 license to my iLok2 -incomplete license surrender issue

I know this topic was discussed back in summer 2013, but I wonder if anyone has the same issue now.
Today I purchased and upgrade from PT 9 software to PT 10+11 software.
When I tried to activate the Pro Tools 10+11 license using iLok License Manager Application, it prompted me to surrender the Pro Tools 9 License that was in my iLock2. When I surrendered the PT 9 license, it disappeared from my iLock2 (and greyed out in my iLok account), but the new PT 10+11 licenses were downloaded to my iLok2. they are still in my ilok online account. I tried to do the activation/license download procedure again, but I keep getting an error message "One or more licenses to surrender cannot be found in your account". The PT 9 license that is in my account is showing "Update with outstanding surrenders" status and is greyed out. I tried to sync/repair my iLok2, but it didn't help. I also did the clean uninstall of the ilok license manager which also didn't fix the problem. I opened a ticket with iLok and Avid, but I also wanted to inquire if i could get any faster help from you guys. Thank you so much!
I have the following setup:
Mac Pro 3.2 GHz Quad Core intel, 6 GB RAM
Mac OS X version 10.7.5
Interface - RME Fireface 800
Before I upgraded to OS 10.7.5 i had Pro Tools 9.0.2 software installed on this computer.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Can not download Pro Tools 11 license to my iLok2 -incomplete license surrender i

What exact upgrade did you purchase? Or even easier what did you pay for it? $299 or $399?

If you only have a Pro Tools 9 license now you need to purchase the $399 Upgrade from Pro Tools 9. If you purchased something that was a $299 "upgrade from 9/10" then that won't work for you. It was a confusing description (referred to the Pro Tools 10 license that is a combo 9/10 bundle) that I think has been changed.

If you purchased the wrong upgrade you can go back to the store and contact Avid (or the store outsource provider) there to try to arrange a return/purchase of the proper upgrade.

And you have a Pro Tools 9 license on your current iLok, not a Pro Tools 9 HD license right? If HD you need to purchase the equivalent HD upgrade.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Can not download Pro Tools 11 license to my iLok2 -incomplete license surrender i

Thank you for the response, Darryl!

I purchased the one for $399 and I have PT 9 software, not HD on my Mac.

Looks like I've got the correct one...
Old 01-04-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoZzilla View Post
Thank you for the response, Darryl!

I purchased the one for $399 and I have PT 9 software, not HD on my Mac.

Looks like I've got the correct one...
It does indeed, I'm hoping Bruce from Avid can look at this for you, he's pretty good at helping out here with iLok issues.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:32 PM

Passing this thread onto Avid team aswell as Bruce,

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
When I tried to activate the Pro Tools 10+11 license using iLok License Manager Application, it prompted me to surrender the Pro Tools 9 License that was in my iLock2. When I surrendered the PT 9 license, it disappeared from my iLock2 (and greyed out in my iLok account), but the new PT 10+11 licenses were downloaded to my iLok2. they are still in my ilok online account. I tried to do the activation/license download procedure again, but I keep getting an error message "One or more licenses to surrender cannot be found in your account". The PT 9 license that is in my account is showing "Update with outstanding surrenders" status and is greyed out. I tried to sync/repair my iLok2, but it didn't help. I also did the clean uninstall of the ilok license manager which also didn't fix the problem. I opened a ticket with iLok and Avid, but I also wanted to inquire if i could get any faster help from you guys. Thank you so much!
I'm seeing the same thing that you are on your iLok account and that iLok. I don't know what to recommend beyond what you have already done. I'm fairly certain that this will have to be resolved by support at iLok.com, so opening a ticket with them was definitely the way to go.

This is going to sound a little odd, but I would suggest that you click on the Pro Tools 11 graphic at the top of the forum, and download the Trial/Demo license from there. That is a fully functional 30-day license that requires no surrender of any other license that you should be able to deposit to your iLok account and put on your iLok while your permanent license issue is resolved.

No need to download the Pro Tools installers from the trial area, you already have those in your Avid account. For help with downloads and installation, see the following:
How to Activate and Download Pro Tools 11
and:
Avid Product Activation Video Tutorials
Old 01-04-2014, 09:37 PM

Bruce,

Thank you so much for the quick response!

I'd gladly use the demo version while awaiting for the answer from iLok, but the problem is that I only purchased 10+11 bundle to be able to upgrade to pro tools 10. I can't use pt 11 now because it doesn't support most of the plugins that I currently have (that are not AAX) ((( there is no pt 10 demo version at this moment I believe, is that right? Thanks again!
Old 01-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Bruce,

Thank you so much for the quick response!

I'd gladly use the demo version while awaiting for the answer from iLok, but the problem is that I only purchased 10+11 bundle to be able to upgrade to pro tools 10. I can't use pt 11 now because it doesn't support most of the plugins that I currently have (that are not AAX) ((( there is no pt 10 demo version at this moment I believe, is that right? Thanks again!
The trial license is a bundled license for Pro Tools 11 and 10, and the Pro Tools 11 and 10 installers are in your Avid account.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:52 PM

Bruce,
You are right, I have the installers in my account and I have already installed PT 10, but the license bundle for PT 10 and 11 that I've got doesn't have the trial licenses, only the actual product licenses - I have attached a screen shot of my account.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2014-01-04 at 10.50.03 PM.jpg (21.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-04-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Bruce,
You are right, I have the installers in my account and I have already installed PT 10, but the license bundle for PT 10 and 11 that I've got doesn't have the trial licenses, only the actual product licenses - I have attached a screen shot of my account.
Did you do what Bruce suggested and click on the Pro Tools 11 button on the top of this page and then register for a Pro Tools 11 trial licenses?