Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2022, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2022.9 "Saving ARA Data"

Same issue for me. I’m really enjoying this new update in general but I’m finding that the only real advantage for me having Melodyne integrated like this is that I can now correct say a vocal and then copy and paste it easily. Other than that I find this saving ARA data thing annoying and I hate not having it in a window that I can easily move around to another monitor or elsewhere on the screen. I’d like looking at the track that I’m using Melodyne on and having it take up half of my screen at the bottom makes that near to impossible. And oddly enough, the ARA function in logic pro works WAY better. It doesn’t have to sit and analyze the data like PT does. You just hit play and a half a second later your entire vocal track is right in front of you and ready to edit
Old 10-02-2022, 06:35 PM

Windows user here. Strangely, I have never encountered this 'saving ARA data' issue, and I've been using ARA extensively for all sorts of things. There are a few other issues, though. PT crashed when I inadvertently clicked on Melodyne/edit without selecting a clip. PT has suddenly shut down once during ARA editing. These things happened in pre-22.9 sessions.

Using ARA in a pre-22.9 session gives 2 error messages when the session is closed and re-opened. The first one tells you that edited clips may not play back properly. The second message comes when a pre-edited clip is opened in Melodyne, and it tells you that the clip was corrupted, but has been automatically fixed. Nonetheless, there is no damage done, and everything works as expected.

I haven't yet used ARA in a new session, so I don't know if there are any problems with that.
Old 10-02-2022, 06:57 PM

Same here. Even after deactivating all Melodyne instances, keeps saying "Saving ARA data"

I'm on Mac OS Mojave
Old 10-03-2022, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Avid is aware of this issue and are working on a fix for the next release. Meanwhile, you are still free to use Melodyne as an insert like before(IOW, you are not forced into using the ARA version)
The only thing is I really like being able to use the TCE trim tool and get 'Melodyne' stretching instead of standard Elastic, I think it might actually be my favourite thing about the whole implementation. When I first tried it I thought, "Well this is obviously never going to work", shortly followed by "Woaaaaaaaaah!"
Old 10-03-2022, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegokuuk View Post
Same here. Even after deactivating all Melodyne instances, keeps saying "Saving ARA data"

I'm on Mac OS Mojave
Would you check and see if you have any Melodyne instances in your playlists? I’m still curious if that might be part of the issue.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 10-03-2022, 06:23 AM

Incredibly annoying, yes. I'll be going back to the old insert workflow.

Where did Avid acknowledge the issue and state they were on it? Normally jeffro would have pinned the thread if that were the case.
Old 10-03-2022, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
The only thing is I really like being able to use the TCE trim tool and get 'Melodyne' stretching instead of standard Elastic, I think it might actually be my favourite thing about the whole implementation. When I first tried it I thought, "Well this is obviously never going to work", shortly followed by "Woaaaaaaaaah!"
Oh that IS worth knowing. I'd only recently switched to Waves' Soundshifter which is better than X-Form, amazingly good for such an old plugin. Must compare it with Melodyne.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 10-03-2022, 11:18 AM

Same here. Better for now to work the old way (Melo plugin / Melo Studio). Reminds me of the earliest Elastic audio implementations - there was something about the way PT managed the data that clogged up the system and slowed saves / backups. My sessions ballooned to to massive size (over 1GB) when doing extensive EA editing. My session size this morning grew from 8.1MB to 43.1 just tuning 2 vocal tracks.

I have noticed something (similar to earlier EA handling) The more edits and fades in the audio on the track the more the ARA data grows, saving time balloons. A single consolidated audio file seems to work faster.
Old 10-03-2022, 11:58 AM

same issue here - makes the feature essentially unusable with all the constant “saving ARA data” pauses.

i’m on a 2019 mac pro tower, 16-core 3.2ghz intel, 96gb ddr4 ram, 1tb ssd, monterey 12.6

have been looking forward to ara melodyne integration in pro tools for ages; hope there’s a fix for this in the near future!!
Old 10-03-2022, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Oh that IS worth knowing. I'd only recently switched to Waves' Soundshifter which is better than X-Form, amazingly good for such an old plugin. Must compare it with Melodyne.
Forgive my ignorance; I'm looking at my TC/E Preference (Set to Elastique) and do not see Melodyne as a choice. Should it be in the menu? Thx in advance!