Avid Scorch

Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Scorch Forum Home Page

Forum Terms of Use

Scorch for iPad Support FAQ

Avid Scorch

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Old 06-23-2011, 12:04 PM

Default Problem ~ mixed-up titles... and more!

Can anyone PLEASE help???

I have just - unfortunately - purchased the Scorch app., and I am hit with two very very frustrating and irritating and time-wasting issues with this application:

1. This is THE most serious and frustrating issue. When I add my Sibelius Scorch files as instructed, yes they do install onto the app on my iPad. However, some of the titles get mixed up with OTHER titles! For example, a score correctly titled "The Best Is Yet To Come" shows up as a completely DIFFERENT score title "What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life"...!

I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, removing all my scores and then manually adding them - time consuming! - one by one, and yet when it comes to those same selected mixed-up titles, they constantly keep reappearing as the WRONG title! They now seem to have taken on the identity of another piece of music! However, when I do open the score, it is the correct one. It is the title that is incorrect. I have tried fooling it by changing the title but it doesn't work... it STILL recognises it as the wrong title.

2. I have many scores with similar titles in different keys and yet I cannot understand why on the icon for the score, as well as the title being shown, there is also the composers. I don't need the latter, I need to be able to see the title and the key of the song/score. There doesn't seem to be any way I can edit the text on the icon to show the title and the key below it - rather than the composers below it.

If there is no fix for these issues, I'd like a refund, please.

BionicDan
Old 06-28-2011, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Problem ~ mixed-up titles... and more!

Hi BionicDan,

Thanks for the feedback. Please keep feedback to the forums where they'll get picked up by us, rather than posting reviews to the App Store, which won't necessary get back to us this end.

The title shown in the bookshelf isn't the title or file name of the score but is taken from the Title and Composer fields in the Score Info section of your Sibelius file. Open the score into Sibelius again and go to File, Score Info. Add in the info you need there and you'll see it appear on the covers of the scores in the bookshelf in Scorch.

If you add in the key signature information, be aware that this won't update if you transpose the score in Scorch. As nice feature we have on our list is to work out the initial key from the score and show this in the little book preview you get when you single tap on a score on the bookshelf.

If you have other ideas, please post them here and I'll be sure to pass them on.

Hope this gets you up and running.

Sam
Old 07-06-2011, 03:14 AM

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply but it doesn't answer my - primary/serious - problem...

"This is THE most serious and frustrating issue. When I add my Sibelius Scorch files as instructed, yes they do install onto the app on my iPad. However, some of the titles get mixed up with OTHER titles! For example, a score correctly titled "The Best Is Yet To Come" shows up as a completely DIFFERENT score title "What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life"...!"

What you have said in your response only addresses the other issue I had, which was in effect, an observation. It is irrelevant to my pressing issue (quoted above).

Regards

BionicDan

PS I only posted an application 'review' after receiving no response to my forum 'plea for help'. At least it took quite a while. I thought it had fallen upon deaf ears and so I gave up even checking the forum after quite a while and so proceeded to post my feedback on the App store (hoping it would prompt some help).
Old 07-07-2011, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

Dear BionicDan,

I would like to check the Sibelius files in question; I will set you up a case in our support system so that you may e-mail us them.

Best wishes,

Joe
Old 07-07-2011, 05:15 AM

Thanks, Joe.

However, although there are a few specific pieces affected all the time, there are variable others.

"I will set you up a case in our support system so that you may e-mail us them"
Ok, but where do I find this?

Regards

BionicDan
Old 07-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

I've just sent you another email so please reply to this with a few of your scores and we'll take a look at them here for you.

Sam
Old 07-12-2011, 11:44 AM

I had a similar problem. I loaded several scores without the title and composer fields filled in. Scorch just went belly up whenever it was loaded before I could delete them. Only a reinstall and reload of correct scores fixed the problem. It seems to me that if Scorch has specific requirements like this they should certainly be documented, but preferably checked for before loading. It would also be nice to be able to delete scores from Itunes, have subfolders a la Ibooks, rearrange the order of scores in the library . . . . .
Old 07-13-2011, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Colinwest,

A few problems with score handling were fixed in 1.0.2 so when you reinstalled, the App Store will have given you this later version.

We're updating the support pages with issues as they arise so keep checking it for updates.

Re: handling of scores: I don't think iTunes has visibility of the scores in Scorch so it may not be possible to add the ability to manage your bought scores there. I'll pass it on anyway to see if we can allow this. I'll pass on the idea about having folders. I know it's on the list already but the more people who ask for it, the higher on the list it gets.

You can rearrange the order of the scores just by holding one of the scores and moving it around. You can do this when viewing the scores as a list. Click Edit and you can drag the right hand side of the scores.

Sam
Old 07-26-2011, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Hello BionicDan,

I've just sent you another message using our internal support system. Do let me know if you don't get it.

All the best,

Joe