Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-06-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi!

I've uploaded a song called "Kentucky Train" on MySpace...
Hope you like it.

MySpace.com/magnushedlund

-Magnus
Love it -- and requested to be friends.

Who did the drums?
Thank you for your kind words, and I accepted your request just now... Your music is awesome.
The drums are made with a little friend called "EZ Drummer", actually, that's one of my best friends for the moment.

Take care, and again, thanks.
-Magnus

MySpace/magnushedlund
Thanks. Wow, that's a good program, or at least good programming on your part. Rock on, Garth.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:42 PM

Tell me what you think...!

http://www.soundclick.com/vq
Old 10-07-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Latest stuff...

This is a collaboration called 'Burn'......thanks for listening.

-Roy

Lead vox- Bunnerabb
BGVs- AnnaB
Drums/percussion- Dikedoux
Fretless bass- Ella
Song, guitars, etc.- Roy
Mix- Pimp-X

Burn
Old 10-08-2007, 07:43 PM

First time I've ever posted on the DUC without a technical issue. Here are a few mixes in progress on myspace. Suggestions and constructive criticism would be great. Unity Gain Recording

I've really enjoyed listening to all of your guys tunes.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Latest stuff...

Here's a new one

www.overnightlows.com/music/hereinthedark.mp3

Joz
Old 10-17-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Latest stuff...

Hi Folks, long time troll, first time time to post. Here's one I'm working on. pre master. The audio in front and behind actually came through the guitar amp after he stopped playing. thought i'd throw it in, they seemed to like it. Just fishing for feedback, Thanks!!

The tune is Dimond Tuck. (myspace)

Dimond Tuck
Old 10-19-2007, 01:31 PM

Magnus, great song. Strong mix. Get that dang thing to Nashville and make some $$$$$$$.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:24 PM

all these were done on mbox w/ PT le 7.1 w PPC G5, 4gb ram,KRK rokit 5's etc. some real drums were cut at Mad Dog and Sonoho in Burbank and No Ho then mixed here.. "Your Not Alone" was mixed completely ITB here "Runnin Wild" and "Drive" were mixed here ITB but then mastered in UK as part of mastering contest prize from SOS magazine..Prisoner was mixed by Luke Fletcher in UK as part of same magazines "mix rescue " feature lol any hoo comments welcome peace out from windy Burbank
http://www.myspace.com/jpfitting
Old 10-21-2007, 03:59 AM

Default DigiDeserter

Hi all. Just wanted to report, for anyone interested, on my post-PTLE experience. About three months ago, I got so fed up with Windows (not PTLE, mind you, Windows), that I drove two hours to the nearest Apple Store and payed retail plus VAT for a new MacBook Pro and LogicPro. Here is my impression: PTLE is like a stripped down Audi, LogicPro a fully-loaded VW. For now, I am content to distract myself from the poorer performance and handling by playing with the sunroof, the heated seats, the fog lights, and the GPS. But, my dream car is still a full-blown ProTools TDM system (a fully-loaded Audi S4). Still fed up with Windows, so I guess that'd be on a Mac. Live and learn.

Some things I prefer about PTLE: (1) Sound editing! Holy crap, you guys don't know how good you have it. (2) Fades. No automatic nonlinear fades in LP, as far as I can tell, though envelope drawing seems pretty robust. (3) ReWire simpler. I adore Reason, so this is a big deal to me. (4) Less cute. More businesslike. (5) Algorithms for bundled effects (DigiRack) are cleaner, I think. DigiVerb is so good, I don't know why people spend money on Waves and other stuff. LP has lots of toys, but they're plastic and break easy. (6) This community (DUC). Nothing like it in LogicLand.

Some things I prefer about LP: (1) Navigation. Ergonomics much better than PTLE. This is not a look & feel thing, I'm talking about simply getting to where you need to be in the song, zooming, etc. (2) Punching. Simpler, more intuitive. (3) Some things make a bit more sense, like single keystroke toggling to global automation...you guys would love it! (4) I guess the MIDI editing is a little better (this is LogicPro's big claim to fame), but people must be doing heavy-duty, precise editing (which I'm not) to care that much (which I don't).

Some things I prefer about Windows: not a [bleep] thing.

Some things I prefer about Mac: as Bill Hicks once said, "you can stop your interior dialogue"...it's just better. Try it.

I suppose I could go on. Truth is, at my level, DAW doesn't matter (though platform is a serious issue), I acknowledge this. Anyway, here are my first three LogicPro recordings:

There You Were In My Room

A Song About A Cat

The Mountains Of Tomorrow
Old 10-21-2007, 06:08 PM

JP,
Sounds really, really good. Very impressed. The musicianship is first rate as is the songwriting. Not to be a smartass, but I think you need the contraction for Your not alone -- as in "You're not alone." Great stuff, man.
Wheels