Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-02-2013, 10:43 AM

Default Artist Mix Display issue

Hello.

I just picked up an Artist Mix to try out and it works great when connected via Ethernet to the MacPro, but when connected to my MacBookPro (retina) via the Ethernet to Thunderbolt adapter...the display on the Artist Mix goes all screwy and basically becomes useless.

To be clear the unit itself seems to function normally (so far) above and beyond this issue, faders work normally and all pots and buttons seem to have the expected effect (mutes and solos, select and record etc and so on)

I switched out the cat5 cable just to be sure (even though it worked fine on the other machine) same problem.

Anyone else getting this? I did a quick search on the forum and came up more or less empty...maybe using the wrong keywords.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Artist Mix Display issue

Either the Ethernet/thunderbolt cable you have picked up is faulty, or Apple miss the mark and some of the connections that are supposed to be made for the cat5/6 are not being made or made in the wrong order.

Wave-T.com
Old 10-03-2013, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Artist Mix Display issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbler View Post
Hello.
Hi Dabbler, you might have to look back quite a few pages but yes there is a lot of activity a while back with regards the retina display and a (software) fix for the display problems on the Artist unit when use with the retina displays. Sorry I cant remember the details, but at the time everyone with a retina display experienced the same issues.