Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Venue Training?!?

Is there training available for the Venue/Profile/D-show? I know that Yamaha offers such training and having something like this would be huge.

I did a show this week where a Venue was supplied for a monitor console and neither I, nor the techs who supplied the console could figure out how to do certain things. I mean simple things like sending out the tone generator.

The sad thing is that these were techs who were working for one of the top 3 audio companies in the country and working together none of us could figure it out.

Anyone know if there is training available?

Time flies like the wind;
Fruit flies like bananas.
~ Groucho Marx
Old 06-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Avid

Default Re: Venue Training?!?

Hi Chris,

Here's a quote from a Rob Scovill, in response to a similar post:

Quote:
As of this very moment there is not an official VENUE training program. It is in development however -- so stay tuned. There are some fine opportunities to get good qualified exposure to the console via the dealer network. Please check out the Digidesign web site for a dealer near your location.
The US dealer list is located here

You can also fill out this form and someone will contact you. Given that you're in Nashville this should be fairly easy to set up, as there's always a console or two floating around the Soundcheck facility.

In the meantime feel free to post questions here and we'll do our best to answer them.

Sheldon