Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2014, 08:08 AM

Default PRO TOOLS 8 M POWERED VERSION 8.0.3 (8.0.3f251) KEEPS CRASHING !!

HI EVERYONE
PRO TOOLS KEEPS CRASHING A FEW MINUTES UPON STARTING A SESSION A VARIETY OF WINDOWS APPEARS EITHER THE CRASH LOG APPEARS LIKE THE ONE ATTACHED ALSO SOMETIMES ACCESS VIOLATION WINDOW ALSO APPEARS ON THE SCREEN
THE LAST TIME THIS KEPT HAPPENING I REINSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND ALL OF THE PLUGGINS STOPPED WORKING SO IM WARY OF UPDATES ANY IDEAS ITS CRASHING EVERY FEW MINUTES ANY IDEAS ? IT ALSO KEEPS ASKING ME TO REGISTER( PRO TOOLS THAT IS )

PRO TOOLS M POWERED 8, WITH FASTRACK PRO INTERFACE
VERSION 8.0.3 (8.0.3f251)

the computer is an
IMAC
12 GIGS OF RAM, 1067Mhz DDR3
MAC OS X VERSION 10.6.8

IM USING 3 EXTERNAL DRIVES ALL WESTERN DIGITAL ONE IS A SAMPLE LIBRARY

PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED FILE\CRASH LOG

Many thanks Barry
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CRASH LOG.pdf (64.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-11-2014, 09:23 AM

Default Re: PRO TOOLS 8 M POWERED VERSION 8.0.3 (8.0.3f251) KEEPS CRASHING !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Walshe View Post
HI EVERYONE
PRO TOOLS KEEPS CRASHING A FEW MINUTES UPON STARTING A SESSION A VARIETY OF WINDOWS APPEARS EITHER THE CRASH LOG APPEARS LIKE THE ONE ATTACHED ALSO SOMETIMES ACCESS VIOLATION WINDOW ALSO APPEARS ON THE SCREEN
THE LAST TIME THIS KEPT HAPPENING I REINSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND ALL OF THE PLUGGINS STOPPED WORKING SO IM WARY OF UPDATES ANY IDEAS ITS CRASHING EVERY FEW MINUTES ANY IDEAS ? IT ALSO KEEPS ASKING ME TO REGISTER( PRO TOOLS THAT IS )

PRO TOOLS M POWERED 8, WITH FASTRACK PRO INTERFACE
VERSION 8.0.3 (8.0.3f251)

the computer is an
IMAC
12 GIGS OF RAM, 1067Mhz DDR3
MAC OS X VERSION 10.6.8

IM USING 3 EXTERNAL DRIVES ALL WESTERN DIGITAL ONE IS A SAMPLE LIBRARY

PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED FILE\CRASH LOG

Many thanks Barry
Hi,

Have you done the troubleshooting? trash prefs etc!!

Are all your plugins up to date or the correct versions for your OS and pro tools version? any old plugins or out of date plugins will cause issues.

Not sure why its asking you to re register? does it ask for the install code etc?

try the troubleshooting steps...

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=54888

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

Have you done the troubleshooting? trash prefs etc!!

Are all your plugins up to date or the correct versions for your OS and pro tools version? any old plugins or out of date plugins will cause issues.

Not sure why its asking you to re register? does it ask for the install code etc?

try the troubleshooting steps...

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=54888

Chris

Hi Chris
thanks so much for a quick reply im currently downloading

pro tools mpowered 8.05 updater and also
MacOSXUpdCombo10-1.6.8.dmg.
how should I update do I just open the updated file file ? is this correct

also forgot to mention when it crashes and the log appears on the screen if i click on it reopens ok but then crashes again randomly

no unfortunately I haven't tried the trouble shooting but I will do that ASAP actually one of the things I noticed was that its says in the trouble shooting u an external drive for pro tools sessions all my sessions are located on the desk top and it causes conflicts with should I partition one of the drives how would u do it ??
Old 01-11-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Walshe View Post
Hi Chris
thanks so much for a quick reply im currently downloading

pro tools mpowered 8.05 updater and also
MacOSXUpdCombo10-1.6.8.dmg.
how should I update do I just open the updated file file ? is this correct

also forgot to mention when it crashes and the log appears on the screen if i click on it reopens ok but then crashes again randomly

no unfortunately I haven't tried the trouble shooting but I will do that ASAP actually one of the things I noticed was that its says in the trouble shooting u an external drive for pro tools sessions all my sessions are located on the desk top and it causes conflicts with should I partition one of the drives how would u do it ??
Hi,

If you are going to install PT again then uninstall first using the uninstall which is part of the install .img and select the clean option. it will only remove the fundamental PT files and not any third party or optional installed plugins etc.

Just run the OS combo updater and it will refresh some of the OS files.

Pro tools session are better on a separate drive although its not essential as many laptop users including myself work ok on one drive but it is a good idea to have a separate partition if possible or at least a separate folder and not use the desktop.

After any crash you should reboot as it will cause problems and likely to crash again or run unstable.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:47 AM

Hi Chris
the trouble shooting list sorted it out for me sorry meant to get back to you sooner thanks for your help

best regards

Barry