Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 10-20-2022, 08:34 AM

Default Melodyne Quantize Time Macro in Pro Tools 2022.9 ARA 2 not working properly

I recently upgraded to Pro Tools 2022.9 to try out the new Melodyne ARA2 implementation. So far I have been disappointed, seeing that there are a number of bugs that make it worse than previous implementations. Some other problems have been addressed in other threads, but I have found one that I have yet to see mentioned.

The Quantize Time Macro in Melodyne (loaded doesn't seem to work properly when using the ARA2 implementation. It seems to be aligning notes to something, but not to the grid. I was wondering at first if it was aligning notes to a grid relative to the the start of the clip, but after testing that out for a bit, that doesn't seem to be it.

With the macro as it is working right now, it leaves each note more poorly aligned than before using it, and without this macro functioning properly, time alignment in Melodyne is broken. Thus I cannot use Melodyne ARA2 in Pro Tools until this issue is addressed.
Old 10-23-2022, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Melodyne Quantize Time Macro in Pro Tools 2022.9 ARA 2 not working properly

Hi. I have been having issues too and this is what I have found out so far. Although there may be more to uncover

Melodyne interprets the tempo on its own. Therefore simply inserting melodyne can actually change the timing even if you do nothing.
In my case the problem was solved by clicking the tempo button which was flashing and choosing the third option: save song tempo to file.
I did have some tempo changes in the song.
I also had problems where the bars and beats didnt line up, so pro tools says bar 13 and melodyne will be at 11.7 or something random like that, so a sort of offset. I got round this problem by exporting a tempo map and then reimporting it. Maybe had something to do with upgrading pro tools in between recording the session and editing.