Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2023, 11:14 AM

Default Tracks Inactive after ProTools Crash and Can't activate.

Hello,

I'm using Pro Tools Artist in Windows...not that any of that really matters.

My issue. I just finished recording an Audio Track. I saved it.

I took a break. I came back and Pro Tools had a message saying I had been signed out.

I signed back in, reloaded the Project and now the Track is Inactive.

Main (Mono) - > Main - path inactive.

I tried to activate and it says that "Some of the outputs and/or sends could not be made active"

I googled it and was told to set my I/O back to Default, even though I didn't change anything.

When I set it to Default, it says the Main Path is Inactive.

Again, I didn't change anything, this all happened after Pro Tools signed me out.

I tried setting it to Main and get

"The Output path "Output 1-2" overlaps with the output path "Main"

Nothing seems to make any sense or work...please help.

I just want to fix this so that I can finish this song but can't do anything until I get it activated. Happy to discuss 312-720-0172

Thank you.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Tracks Inactive after ProTools Crash and Can't activate.

First make sure that Pro Tools is using the playback engine it should be. Do not assume, actually look in Setup>Playback engine. (and hopefully you have a good ASIO interface).

In Setup>IO you should try deleting all output paths first then clicking the default button.

And try trashing prefs. Always start troubleshooting by trashing prefs. Read under “Help us Help You” up the top of each DUC web page.

I gather you are using a cloud project not a local session. That is asking for problems, Cloud projects just have too many stability problems, you really should be using a local session. Almost no serious users here will be using cloud projects. And if it was a local session and you really needed that recorded track you could trivially pull the recorded clip/file out into another session. You may be able to do that as well with your cloud project via the Clips List (one way is Open the clips List and right mouse click on the content of the missing track. Hopefully you have some option to save the clip file as local. There may be other ways of getting to the file, including via the Project cache). Then import that Audio into a new *session* not project. Many of us uninstall the cloud collaboration (and Avid Link) bloatware after installing Pro Tools, it's just too unreliable to risk losing work over.