Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2003, 06:10 AM

Default 001 or 002 VS. My wife or My girlfriend or for some My Boyfriend.

Man oh man, somebody please tell me. How many people find that this music thing could ruin an otherwise great relationship with even your wife (LOL). Women please feel free to also respond. I'm sure its a two way street.

I dedicate this site to all the funny situations, and arguments we find ourselves with our significant other. For example, in a heated argument I once told my girlfriend. "Look, with that kind of attitude, if it ever came down to you or music... " You could figure the rest out.

So if you ever had an argument, or a funny situation were you significant other feels like their in competition with musical hardware and software, please, please, in an attempt to not take it as seriously as I do at times, Come here and just vent. Trust me it sounds funnier when its written down.
Old 03-15-2003, 01:38 PM

Default Re: 001 or 002 VS. My wife or My girlfriend or for some My Boyfriend.

my girlfriend of almost 4 and half years, wow music always got in the way of our relationship. She HATED how I listened to music so much, and always wanted to play guitar.
well one time i remember, i threw the whole thing down about why I liked playing guitar so much...

It doesn't bitch if I don't play it right.
it won't care if i don't treat it right.
it won't care if i play another one.
it won't care if i don't play it for a week.
it won't care if i forget to play it.
it won't care if i play it and don't really mean it

better the guitar than her right?

on and on, kinda like the 'why beer is better than women' deal..

i told her, the main reason why i listen to more music and play guitar more and more as time goes on, is because I need something to releave the stress i get from you bitchin so much about me always playing guitar and listening to music!!!

it's like having a job to pay for gas, and using your whole paycheck to pay for gas to get to work.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:17 AM

Default Re: 001 or 002 VS. My wife or My girlfriend or for some My Boyfriend.

Whats more fun, Mixing down a song Or Going out to dinner with your girlfriend? Am I weird?