Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-31-2002, 12:17 AM

Default Clicking with ADAT outputs, DA7

Hello everyone. I have just upgraded to 5.3.1 with the download, and purchased Windows XP. I used to have 5.1.1 set to ADAT Sync, and my DA7, which is at the other end of the ADAT cables, on internal sync. This worked fine.

Now, I set it up the same way, and every move of my mouse sends a loud clicking noise out every ADAT output into the DA7. If I open up a menu, it'll blow speakers!

I have changed sync mode settings on the mixer and 5.3.1 back and forth, and it seems 5.3.1 likes to only be on internal sync. Even then, if I arm a track set to an ADAT input every move clicks again out of every ADAT output until I mute the track output mute button..... On one occasion, it even recorded clicks on the track for a few seconds, not like intermittently, but just one cluster.
XP runs everything else, including plug ins, fine.

System:
1.4 G AMD Athlon
ECS K7VZA M.B.
512 Ram
Lightpipe connection to/from DIGI001 and DA7
DIGI wave driver installed
001 passes DIGI Test
no other cards in box except built-in sound card, which is on it's own IRQ and works fine.

I may be missing something simple, any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Sean
Old 07-31-2002, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Clicking with ADAT outputs, DA7

Hello again. Well, 5.3.1, in my opinion, is not fully debugged. The ADAT problem is worse than I thought. When I closed 5.3.1, it said there was an error and I had to reboot my system. Now it just gives me a blue screen stop error, saying unmountable boot drive, and does not even recognize my c: drive. I have another session at 7 pm tonight, so I will be returning to 5.1.1 on Windows 98SE. I was hoping for some help here, but I didn't see a thread for this topic, and most of the topics with a lot of responses seem to be questions like "what sample rate do I record?", and "what's better -PC or Mac?" I guess it's time for me to call digi....
Sean
Old 08-01-2002, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Clicking with ADAT outputs, DA7

OK. Just in case anyone else ever has this happen to them, I now have a double-boot system, as advised by both microsft tech suppt and digi tech suppt.

On the XP 5.3.1 setup, PT needs to be in internal sync, while the DA7 is in ADAT sync. Otherwise, every mouse move upsets the ADAT I/O, and the DA7 and PT squawk at each other.

On the win98se 5.1.1 setup, this is never an issue, either the DA7 or PT can be the internal or ADAT slave. Both systems use the same hardware in the same box. Hope this helps somebody.

Sean