Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 12-17-2010, 04:15 PM

Default PT 9 won't install

Hi:

Got my crossgrade from Sweetwater; activated and got my iLok authorization with no problems.

Installed on MacBook Pro with no problems.

Trying to install on Mac Pro — third attempt. Each time, the installer gets to the point where it says "Running package scripts…" and estimates about a minute remaining.

But it won't finish. It stays at that point for as long is I let it go.

Each time, I finally ended up force quitting the installer, using the disc to do a clean uninstall, and tried again, with the same result.

See my sig: This computers is literally less than a week old. Brand-spanking new. The HD is barely used.

I thought I could maybe install it by downloading the disk image of PT9, but of course if I put my code in on my account on the Avid site, it tells me that the code was already used.

Any suggestions on how I can get this to work?

Thanks,

Gary
Finale 26.3.1
Old 12-17-2010, 04:18 PM

Default Re: PT 9 won't install

Never mind… I was just about to call Avid (it's only 4:17 in CA), and the installer FINALLY beeped and told me installation was successful.

That "about a minute" literally took 23 minutes. Anal-retentive sort that I am, I actually timed it with my stopwatch…

Seriously, on my MBP earlier today, the install took maybe 10 or 12 minutes including the restart.

Anyway, I guess things are OK now.
Finale 26.3.1
Old 12-17-2010, 10:32 PM

That is what I was going to advice you-do not quit and patiently wait for the installer to finish. But you already know.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:53 PM

I had the exact same thing all day yesterday. Remedied by creating a new profile from scratch when reinstalling OSX instead of using migration assistant from my backed up profile.

Install took about 3 or 4 minutes from beginning to end on my iMac i7.