Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2003, 06:25 AM

Default Un-optomizing XP

Sold my 001 I wasn't really using it and I didn't get into the "home studio" thing as much as I thought I would. I thought I should sell before it got to be totally out of date. I got $500 for it which I was pretty happy with. And the guy buying it seems really pleased.

So my question...I did a whole bunch of optomization stuff to XP for the DIGI 001. I'd like to turn back the clock on all that stuff and start fresh. Is there an easy way to return to the original settings? I put the XP disk in but that didn't seem to have that option.

Or could someone send me the web link to the optomization page that I saw? I can't remember where it was, but I think I found out about it from this page.

Another question while I'm at it. I put my echo mia soundcard in last night and everything seemed fine. This AM I got that weird green screen crash about a hardware failure like I used to get when I tried the using the spdif lightpipe. I uninstalled PT before this happened. Any hints? I hope that doesn't happen again.

Thanks for all your help
Paul
Old 08-28-2003, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Un-optomizing XP

Try this link....

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

This is one of the sites that has alot of tweaks listed. There is also a registry file on that site that can reset your OS to the default settings. There are several variants of this file at:

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/registry.htm

I hope this helps.