Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2011, 05:59 AM

Default Win 7 driver for PT LE

I recently upgraded to a new Win-7 system. What I didn't realize, or even think about, was that I needed the Win-7 driver for PT. As I've been having some issues with PT on the new system, I'm guessing it is because I do not have the Win-7 driver installed. According to the Avid website:
Quote:
Drivers for Pro Tools LE
If you are using Pro Tools LE on an Mbox 2, Mbox 2 Micro, Mbox 2 Mini, Digi 002 or 003 with Windows 7, you will need updated device drivers:
  • Windows 7 Audio Drivers (Beta) for Pro Tools LE 8.0.3
  • Caution: When running the Pro Tools installer on a Windows 7 machine, DO NOT plug in your LE unit when the installer instructs you to do so. This could cause installation errors. When you run the 8.0.4b Driver Installer, you will receive a similar instruction. Please plug in your unit at that time.
  • Alert: We are aware of an issue with Mbox 2 USB devices and the current beta drivers for Windows 7 that maycause distortion during playback. We are looking into the problem and will post an update when more information is available.
  • The 8.0.4b Driver Installer is not required for Eleven Rack or Mbox 2 Pro interfaces.
So my questions are:
1. Since I've already installed PT on the new computer, do I need to completely uninstall it and start over, or do I just install the driver?
2. If I have to uninstall, does that include everything else, such as my plug-ins, like Hybrid, that aren't part of the PT package.
3. According to the above, it says to NOT plug-in the USB LE device (MBox2 Mini in my case) when asked to do so. (See the CAUTION statement above) It seems to say to do that when installing the driver. So, do you install the driver first and THEN PT? Its confusing the way it is written, because I don't see how you can install PT without plugging in the USB cable, but you can't plugin the USB cable according to the caution above. So, do you install the driver first, plugging in the USB cable for the LE unit when asked to do so, and THEN install PT, and plugging in the LE unit when asked to do so? As written, this isn't making sense, so a little step-by-step here would be helpful.

Thanks!

Old 02-17-2011, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Win 7 driver for PT LE

Just install the driver(since you already have 8.0.3).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-17-2011, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Win 7 driver for PT LE

Well, what I discovered subsequent to my original post was that there was PT 8.0.4 for Win-7. The original driver was for the beta Win-7 version I guess. So, I downloaded and installed 8.0.4 and that seems to be okay.

None of that has solved my MIDI out issue though. For some reason I can't get MIDI out to work. I can record MIDI data from my Yamaha Motif XS8 as before on the XS system, but it will not play back to the Motif. I have MIDI studio set up exactly as before and nothing has changed on the Motif. I use the USB Midi connection to the PC.

Recording a MIDI sequence is no problem. Playing VI's using the Motif as the controller is no problem. Having the MIDI track playback to the Motif, no go. I use that feature all the time so I can audition various voices using the same basic midi track before laying down the audio. Not to mention many other things. I can not figure out where the issue lies. I posted on this on the MIDI forum. Its really bizarre.