Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 04-16-2010, 06:25 AM

Default Using 96io on Windows from Mac? Simple help?

I'm a Mac user but have just got into Parallels on my Mac to run a quick editor for bits now and again, Soundforge

I have a PTHD system with a 96io on the Mac side, but wondered the procedure for installing this on my Windows side?

Is it as straight fwd as downloading a windows driver for the 96io for XP? Then this would be recognised as a soundcard on my windows side for physical recording/spdif in etc?

Sorry am completely new to the Windows side with PT so any direction on how to get a 96io driver to simply install would be great!

I did google this but it took me only to the new front page of the Avid site, as its new, it "lost" the page on 96io drivers etc?!

Thank you
Old 04-16-2010, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Using 96io on Windows from Mac? Simple help?

Is it the ASIO driver for Protools HD interfaces that I need?

I dont actually run PT on the Windows side, but would like to use ASIO? or as a soundcard for other programs using the 96io

Is this possible?
Old 04-16-2010, 11:03 AM

yes, it is possible.

install the appropirate ASIO driver and you should be able to "see" and select the 96io as audio interface in Windows and any applications that you run in windows.

richie.

"a paradigm of restraint and good taste at a time of frequent excess"
Old 04-16-2010, 11:05 AM

Thanks Dubrichie

I have tried the Digidesign ASIO 7.0 drivers for windows but it says my Digi isn;t connected?

I think this maybe a parallels issue (my pc side of my mac), although parallels has the Digidesign selected both for in and out!?

So im at a loss..?