Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 07:57 PM

Default Mbox owner in deperate need of help

I have the Mbox and Windows Xp. I had everything hooked up right and working fine until I read this message on Page 9 of my book "getting started with MBox which told me to "Update the firmware on Mbox if I had the Mbox and Windows Xp. So, I did. and what a mistake that was. When I hit the button in the firmware version 20 (firmwareupdate.exe) the little green thingie went about one fourth of the way and stopped dead. It froze and locked up. Then the Mbox lit up like a Christmas tree and locked up too. When I tried to boot up the Pro Tools program, the dae would start to load and bang! it would stop! Then a message popped up saying "UNABLE TO LOCATE DIGIDESIGN HARDWARE. MAKE SURE YOUR HARDWARE IS CONNECTED AND TURNED ON. CLICK "OK" WHEN THE HARDWARE IS READY." I have tried Unistalling and reinstalling the program, I traced back to the pro Tools utilities folder on the C drive and messed with the firmwareupdate.exe file and it's still locked. I have plugged and unplugged the usb cord dozens of times, but nothing works. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img][LIST] I just don't know what to do next. I have spent over a month trying to get some help with this, and I'm going crazy. Somebody help me, Plese.[LIST] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2003, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Mbox owner in deperate need of help

Hey dude, that sucks, sorry to hear you're having problems. You've already tried the one thing that is most recommended, which is to unplug and replug the USB cable.

You might have a little more luck posting your problem over in the windows forum - this is the mac forum, so most of us don't have much experience with windows XP. You might also want to contact digidesign customer support ( Support Section ), they may have the answer for you more quickly.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Mbox owner in deperate need of help

Hi there,

I do not have an MBox yet (might soon), but I just did a browse of the support documents for the MBox..

When all the lights are light on the front of the MBox, aparently it's in Firmwaremode, and is awaiting updated firmware..

I assume you rebooted your machine and attempted to re-update the firmware? (i know stupid suggestion, but still, worth a try, and the Digidocs say the same thing)

You should be able to download the firmware on it's own, and update the MBox seperately.

Try here..

"All the LED's on the Mbox are lit up and when I launch Pro Tools LE it says it cannot communicate with the hardware.

Windows XP:
Here's where to find it and how to run it:
System hard drive > Program Files folder > Digidesign folder > Pro Tools folder > Pro Tools Utilities folder > Firmware update. Double-click on the firmware updater and follow the prompts.
"
Closed Thread