How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 03-29-2021, 11:30 AM

Default Re: 2021.3 new bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by off the wall View Post
All the other import, open and save dialogs work normally. It seems Avid rolled their own on the audio import dialog rather than using the standard Apple API. Most likely to provide the audio preview function.
Not from what I am seeing. When Importing session Data, When Choosing track data to import, When you Uncheck "Clips and Media, Alt Playlists,Clip Gain and Clip effects STAY checked. This is not normal behavior.

The workaround is to uncheck those boxes first, Then uncheck "Clips and Media"

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) Mac OS 12.7.2 Monterey,32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2024.3, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.
Old 03-29-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Wow thanks for raising problems, while I can't reproduce navigation problems the click twice stuff is broken. I'll reload 2020.12 soon and confirm its a regression.

What I see on 2021.3 on Big Sur is if you select an audio file and click that dialog panel's "Open" button without adding a "Clips to Import" list two different things can happen.

1. The dialog box auto adds the clip to the file to import anyhow and accepts that with one click. If you look at the UI you can sometimes see that clip name being added tot he "Clips to Import" list before that panel closes. This seems to happen if you have not navigated around, e.g. the import file dialog panel is opening with a folder containing audio files and you just click on one.

or

2. You click the "open" once. that populated a clip to the "Clip to Import" List and then when you click "open" again the import progresses to the next step. It's doing the same as above just now taking two click. This seems to happen if you navigate around looking for an audio file, not in the first directory that opens in that dialog.

It's all about if you navigate around in the dialog: Even if you click the Add >>> button to move a clip to the "Add Clip" list you still get the behavior where it takes two click of "Open" to add a clip if you have navigated around the filesystems in that dialog, and only one click of "Open" if you select a audio file in the first folder that opens.

Something here is clearly broken. Although I have no problem navigating around the filesystem in that dialog.
I'm on Big Sur, PT2021.3 and the Import Audio command with the following Dialog that opens works as expected.
Click on a file in the file browser section and it gets placed in the "Clips in Current File" box, and when double-clicking or click the Add-> button it will be placed in the "Clips to Import" box
http://DingDingMusic.com/
YouTube Channel Music Tech Explained https://YouTube.com/c/MusicTechExplained/
Old 03-29-2021, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Yes but do you see the difference if you navigate the file systems as I described?
What changed visually is that the Done button is now an Open button.
However, I don't experience any of the random appearances that you describe.

One behavior that seems to be different is that when you added a file into the "Clips in Current File" box, then in 2020.12, when clicking the Done button, nothing happens, but in 2021.3 clicking the Open button will import the file although it was not placed in the Clips to Import box yet (unless that happens in the background).
http://DingDingMusic.com/
YouTube Channel Music Tech Explained https://YouTube.com/c/MusicTechExplained/
Old 03-30-2021, 12:39 AM

I have problems with IMPORT SESSION DATA but only in german language setting. Can't close the track data window. No buttons available.
It was worse before but now it is unusable! Have to force Pro Tools to quit!
BUT English language is fine! No problems yet! Will try the audio imp
I´m really pissed of right now. Is there no beta testing in german?

Also problems with audio import here! CRASH!

PRO TOOLS ULTIMATE 2021.3 CATALINA Mac mini 2020 (i7) 32 GB RAM
Old 03-31-2021, 08:31 AM

Default Re: Cannot navigate folders in Import Audio window by double-clicking them

Today I spotted the difference in 2021.3.
Saw that in the audio import dialog you can't navigate into folders, but you can open the folders with the small triangle. Also you can't double click the file anymore to get it to the import column. You have to press add or copy.

That's a bit odd, but workable.

Cheers
Maik
Old 03-31-2021, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Cannot navigate folders in Import Audio window by double-clicking them

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsian View Post
Today I spotted the difference in 2021.3.
Saw that in the audio import dialog you can't navigate into folders, but you can open the folders with the small triangle. Also you can't double click the file anymore to get it to the import column. You have to press add or copy.

That's a bit odd, but workable.

Cheers
Maik
Yep, that’s what we’re talking about in this thread. It seems only in Mojave. FYI, you can also use Command O to open folders or select files, just not double click.
Genelec 1031AP/7070A 5.1 monitoring.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:57 PM

Another Mojave user being strangled by the Import Audio no-double-click bug.

Do we know if this is being worked on? Or am I going to have to roll back to 2020.12? This is annoying as f—k.

Rig: MacBook Pro (15,1) 6-Core i7 2.6GHz / 32GB RAM / OS 13.5.2 / PT 2023.9 / Waves Horizon v14 / iZotope Music Production Suite 4.1 / Focusrite Clarett 4pre USB / Apple SSD AP1024M 1 TB (System), Samsung T5 SSD 1 TB (Audio) / Cal-Digit TS3 Plus TB3 Dock / Genelec 1030A Monitors
Old 04-06-2021, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbaDobba View Post

Do we know if this is being worked on? Or am I going to have to roll back to 2020.12? This is annoying ....
If it is this annoying for you, you should probably roll back. We don't know when the next release will come out (usually 3-4 months)

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.3.1 running Protools 2024.3
Old 04-06-2021, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbaDobba View Post

Do we know if this is being worked on? Or am I going to have to roll back to 2020.12? This is annoying as f—k.
One would assume it will be addressed but it really isn’t a show stopper. Just use Command O instead of double clicking. I would like to see it fixed as well but the improved dark mode alone is worth the Command O ing for the time being.
Genelec 1031AP/7070A 5.1 monitoring.
Old 04-06-2021, 08:06 PM

In the old digidesign days they would fix stuff like this fast. This 4 month crap is unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) Mac OS 12.7.2 Monterey,32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2024.3, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.