Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 09-26-2021, 03:21 PM

Default Folder Tracks--unwanted vertical scrolling

Does anyone know a way to stop the unwanted "scroll to selected track" that happens when opening and closing folder tracks? Super annoying. If I happen to have a track selected above or below where I'm currently scrolled in a session and I open or close a folder track, the session scrolls to that selected track, which I don't want. I can stop this by selecting the folder track I'm about to open or close, but this is a pain if I forget to do that. I just don't want that auto scrolling at all.
Old 09-26-2021, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Folder Tracks--unwanted vertical scrolling

It seems to be an interaction between the settings in the control app "App Banks Daw", "Auto-Bank to Selected Track" and Pro Tools preference "Edit Window Follows Bank Selection" but I get weird results and I can't make unwanted scrolling go away unless I turn off "Edit Window Follows Bank Selection". But I don't want that off. I just don't want to scroll to the selected track every time I open or close a folder track.

It's as though opening or closing a FT constitutes a "banking event" and triggers all this other stuff. But this functionality implementation is obnoxious.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:28 PM

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you read the Help Us Help You page linked in the forum header?

Before anyone can help you we need to know your system.
Old 10-29-2023, 07:21 AM

Did you find a solution to this annoying issue?
Old 10-29-2023, 07:47 AM

I experience this as well and it drives me a little bonkers.
Old 10-29-2023, 10:19 AM

Preferences > Mix > Controllers section in Pro Tools
Disable what you don't want
Old 10-29-2023, 11:11 AM

Which option do I disable to stop banking the edit window only when closing/opening folders?
Old 10-29-2023, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
Which option do I disable to stop banking the edit window only when closing/opening folders?
You are going to have to use more specific terminology for me to understand.

"Banking" is specifically for control surfaces (a bank being a set number of faders.) Is that what you mean? Do you mean something is scrolling to the top on Pro Tools? When opening/closing folders from where? A control surface? Clicking on the folder icon or use the keyboard shortcut to open the folder in Pro Tools?

By default, Pro Tools (when you click on a folder) it spills/opens it downward on the edit window. It does not change the position of the tracks above the folder track.
Old 10-29-2023, 12:32 PM

Better yet, make a quicktime video of the behaviour and post a link to it here (open quicktime, and choose record screen and then do what is annoying you; don't do it from a phone camera because you can rarely see things well on a screen)
Old 10-29-2023, 02:04 PM

I'll try to make a video when I have time. I'm working to a deadline right now. (So naturally here I am gabbing about non-work)

Basically, if my surfaces are banked to one point in the session but I scroll to another point in the Edit window and toggle a folder track Open/Closed then it will scroll the banked tracks back into view in the Edit Window.
Eg. I have all of my stem busses and print tracks in Basic Folders at the bottom of my template. EUCON is banked to a audio tracks way up the session. I scroll down to the bottom of the edit session to look at something, then toggle a folder and suddenly I'm looking at the banked tracks again.