Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2009, 04:07 PM

Default Help, Control 24 not being picked up by ethernet cable.

First off let me introduce myself, my name is David and I live in California. I been on this message board for quite some time and have made a couple new friends here.

OKAY back to my problem :)

4 month ago i purchased a control 24 used for the studio I just finish building now. When I first got my C24 the first thing I did was hook it up to my computer and everything worked well. A couple days ago I decided to reformat my P.C and reinstall everything again because my protools was acting up. After reformatting my P.C and reinstalling PT 7.4 I rehooked up the control 24 BUT now my p.c doesn’t read my control 24. I've tried about everything that I can think of and still no luck. I remember when I first pluged in the Ethernet cord to the control 24 to the P.C my computer detected a new device. All I had to do was go in my peripheral in PT and load it from there. But now when I go to my peripheral and search my ethernet, the only thing that comes up is realtek wireless. Has anyone ever had this problem? can any of you recommend any advice to me?

Thanks!

David
Old 10-22-2009, 03:33 AM

Default Re: Help, Control 24 not being picked up by ethernet cable.

Being Mac based I have not had this before. But was just thinking that it sounds like ethernet drivers.

I also find that if the other ether port is connected the system is not happy, so I always disconnect this.

Have you thought of buying an ethernet card with drivers for the PC? It must relatively cheap to do so.

A:)
Old 10-22-2009, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Help, Control 24 not being picked up by ethernet cable.

:) last night i got it to work. I updated my network driver and it works :)

woohooooo :) back in business!