Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 04:20 PM

Default how many auxes and inserts ?

I was searching the site trying to find out how many MORE inputs, outputs, auxes and inserts does HD software have over LE software?

if i open an HD sessions will it show the extra auxes, insert disabled?

Download free music at
http://www.nukmusic.com
nEVER uNDERESTIMATE kNOWLEDGE
Old 07-08-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: how many auxes and inserts ?

Hey Docta'J,

not sure if you're looking to upgrade there, or just open a HD session with an 002? If you are opening with an 002, it should simply disable anything extra that LE will not support on there and you would have to work within the limitations of 32 tracks at a time of course. I am not sure if this fully answers your questions, but I figured I would try to help.

Here is some info if you were looking to upgrade also:

pulled this off of Sweetwater.com:
Quote:
"Pro Tools|HD 2 Accel and 3 Accel support up to 192 simultaneous audio tracks at 44.1/48 kHz sample rates, 96 tracks at 88.2/96 kHz sample rates, and 36 tracks at 176.4/192 kHz. Improving upon the dedicated processing capabilities introduced with original Pro Tools|HD systems, Pro Tools|HD 3 Accel and HD 3 Accel increase voice counts by 50% at 44.1 - 192 kHz sample rates, and triple voice counts at 44.1/48 kHz compared to Pro Tools|24 MIX systems."
I believe that the HD systems are extremely customized caus you would need 192 units in order to get your track counts up so to speak. each 192 unit automatically can do 16 tracks, but has capabilities for expansion to other 192 units and what not as follows:

Quote:
"The 192 I/O provides you with plenty of connection options to get the most from your Pro Tools|HD audio production system. It offers support for up to 16 simultaneous channels of high-definition I/O. Plus, you get a huge range of analog and digital I/O options to choose from, including 8 channels of pristine analog I/O, 8 channels of AES/EBU, 8 channels of TDIF, 16 channels of ADAT and 2 additional channels of ADAT or S/PDIF digital I/O.

Need more connection? You can outfit your 192 I/O with the 192 Digital expansion card for 8 additional channels of AES/EBU, TDIF, and ADAT I/O connections - all of which can utilize the real-time sample rate converter chips for streaming digital signals with any sample rate into your Pro Tools session. Plus, it comes with a Legacy Port for owners of previous Digidesign interfaces.

With the 192 I/O as your interface, the full power of Pro Tools|HD system is at your disposal. Order today. Features: Support for 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz sample rates
Soft-Clip Limiter for preventing momentary overloads and getting hotter signal levels to disk
Expansion Port for direct connection of another 192 I/O or 96 I/O interface
Legacy Peripheral port for connection of 888|24, 882|20, 1622 or 24-bit ADAT Bridge I/Os
You probably might want to get an expansion chassis also if you are doing more than 2 192's for your setup caus you will need more core cards installed on your machine in order to hook up more. If I recall, I believe the expansion chassis can support up to like 8 cards on there. You're probably looking at making the jump to a HD2 or HD3 system there though man caus the HD1, Mix..etc.. does not have the processing power for Aux, plugs..etc.. that it is cracked up to be according to everyone I have talked to. I started pricing a system like this out a few months back for a room I am hoping to build in a couple years. I imagine that you could setup as many Aux, inserts..etc. that your machine could handle pretty much.

For computer specs, you're looking at 2-3ghz processor (don't bother with dual ones til Digi makes PT utilize the second processor), 2 megs of ram for starters to begin building for something like this.

I hope this information helps. If I can answer anything, please feel free to shoot me an e-mail. Like I mentioned, I started researching all of this heavily and have a rough idea of what most of it involves at this point... Goodluck