Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 03-25-2021, 08:54 AM

Default Re: legacy PACE License Support crashes Windows 10, couldn't install Pro Tools 11 (RE

Words are not fit to describe my gratitude! Same problem; same solution.

- Installed current version of Pace License and Avid Manager from their website, prior to installing Pro Tools 12.4. Golden. Thanks!
Old 05-07-2021, 11:41 PM

Default Re: legacy PACE License Support crashes Windows 10, couldn't install Pro Tools 11 (RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindubois View Post
Hey all,

I want to share with you my nightmare experience attempting to install Pro Tools 11 on my new Windows 10 machine, and share the solution I found, so that anyone in the same boat as I was in can be saved hours of headache and hair-ripping.
Kevin
I haven't used this forum for years, but, I rejoined just to thank you for your post; I almost had to go to the latest version, which my OCD detests, so to find this solution to the problem was fantastic.

Bravo, give yourself a pay-rise!??!
Old 06-06-2021, 01:07 AM

Same problem here to me 😥😥 PT 12.5 HD TPKD.sys win 10 new system crash on blue screen
Old 08-06-2021, 09:12 PM

Does anyone know where the problem driver files is located on the boot disk?

My new PC is bricked and I spent a week configuring...only to be crushed by a legacy AutoTune 7 VST that required old Pace iLok software.
- Can't Boot
- Can't perform system restore due to a known system restore password issue

I can't endure another fresh install. I'd rather try installing Linux on another disk and mount the Windows drive to find and blow that file off the disk with a fkn bazooka. Im losing it. H-E-L-P!
Old 09-07-2021, 03:05 PM

Just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!! This thread saved me HOURS of wasted time!!! So glad I found it!!

I had the same issue with installing PT11 on windows 10 and windows not loading properly after the PT11 install.

I had a slightly different workaround though.

After installing ilok manager and then PT11 (windows never asked me if I trusted the developer) I went into app settings and uninstalled the old version of the Pace License BEFORE I rebooted. Worked like a charm!

Again thanks!
Old 11-11-2021, 09:26 AM

Thank you for this post! It exactly explains the major problems I've been having trying to install PT10 or PT 11 on one specific computer of mine. Brilliant!
Old 05-31-2022, 11:57 AM

This guy is a LEGEND! Please leave your cashapp cause this info was priceless. I lost hours upon hours on this.
Old 05-31-2022, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
This guy is a LEGEND! Please leave your cashapp cause this info was priceless. I lost hours upon hours on this.
You are too kind! I don't want any money, I'm glad to help out the community! Thank you to you and everyone else thus far for your kind words!!
Pro Tools 2021.7
UAD Apollo Solo USB