Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-16-2002, 04:13 PM

Default What Do You Guys Look For?

Hey fellow DUCers! I have a question or two. I know there are alot of people on this forum who use sample CD's. Whether it be for Hip Hop or just normal instrument construction. What do ya'll look for in a guitar sample cd? What would be the the ultimate Guitar Sample CD or CD's? What would that CD contain. Single notes/chords or loops or... All your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Marty
Old 08-16-2002, 06:55 PM

Default Re: What Do You Guys Look For?

They'd have to be REX files or I wouldn't even be interested. Probably because I play guitar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Just my $.02.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 08-16-2002, 07:02 PM

Iwilliam...Pardon my ignorance, as I'm new to the whole protools thing, but what is a REX file? Keep the suggestions coming please. Thanks.
Marty
Old 08-16-2002, 07:27 PM

Check out the Propellerheads site. Recycle is the program that creates them.

http://www.propellerheads.se/

Also, if you check out www.soundsonline.com you will see that the REX2 file format is becoming more popular in commercial sample cds. They even have a category for "Reason/REX" file format.

It's not just for Reason. Logic, DP, and Cubase also can read rex files directly. You MAKE rex files with Recycle. Recyle will also export them at a specified tempo as aif or wav files to import them to PT.

There is a similar process called "groove control" by Ilio, I believe. Check out their site as well. www.ilio.com

The ACID format is along the same lines, too, but not as many (if any) programs other than ACID can use them. Check out ACID loops...tons of manufacturers. They have them at soundsonline, too.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.