Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-25-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Need \"Tab to Marker\" command

Quote:
Sorry Rob, how would that differ from “Shift-Tab (in the ruler), followed by Shift-Click on the tracks that need editing”? Surely, I’m overlooking something.
Drop cursor on a track and it links to Mem Loc.
I don't think it does that now unless you shift/select.
Also the use of 'P' and ';' would be helpful to get to Mem Timeline.
But now I think I'm just being picky.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Irl,

Jason King here, thanks for the reply. I know you can get to markers in the ways that you describe. But, those are too cumbersome. I am asking Digi for a more streamlined way of being able to accomplish the task of locating to the next or previous marker. When you are in a 150+ track session and just trying to get to your next sync point, having to mouse over to the markers window, or move your cursor and go click in the ruler is not acceptable.

Just looking for a single keystroke to do this, Digi can you help us out? Or will we have to buy a D-Command to get this type of functionality?
FWIW I have also found .1. .2. .3. .4. to be very quick and acceptable.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:00 PM

Oh, Hi JK!

I get ya. Just never know what people already know or don't know. And I, in this case, didn't know your screen name.

Maybe the "tab to transient" button could have a sub function (like the tool buttons) that would be "tab to marker"?
Old 09-06-2010, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Need "Tab to Marker" command

I too have been asking for this for years. Even with all my Quickeys prowess, I still can't jury-rig a way of doing it. I just counted the keystrokes it takes to get to the next marker (with a 3 digit marker number) - 5 keystrokes when I could, in practically every other editing system, get there in one! Grrrr. Yet another example of how we in post are the bastard red headed stepchild in Digi (now Avid)'s eyes.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:37 PM

+1

Would be very helpful and increase speed of navigating within a PT-Session if there would be a key-command (like in LOGIC) "go to previous/next marker".

See also

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread...revious+marker

plus I sent an ER to Avid already.
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 10-09-2010, 02:27 PM

I am doing the zombie resurrection on this thread. And I am doing that because this issue still has yet to be addressed.

Please protools we need to have this implemented. Almost every editing system has some form of a keystroke to get to the next marker. Having me take my cursor and clicking on the marker tab, to then have to hit the tab button, then navigate back to the track I was on, isn't the most efficient way to perform this task.

Here is what I ended up doing. Spent $180, and bought an AlphaTrack by Frontiergroup. It has a key command for next marker. 2 in fact. You turn one of the pan pots, and it scrolls to the NEXT marker. Also if you lightly tap either end of the scrub bar, it goes to the next or previous marker.

Now, is there some enterprising individual that can figure out exactly what code the AlphaTrack is spitting out? Then can we capture that data and have QuicKeys spit out the same data? boom voila, we have next marker key command .... who's with me?