Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2015, 09:58 AM

Default Deleted Digidesign Folder and it won't reinstall [SOLVED]

So... I'm pretty sure I just did a big no-no, but I wanted to reinstall Pro Tools. I typed into google "how to uninstall Pro Tools" and it gave me Pro Tools 10 instructions on how to uninstall Pro Tools. These instructions include removing the Digidesign folder where all the plugins are supposed to be located, but when I tried to reinstall Pro Tools this folder never appeared again. I can now see that this is NOT the way to manually uninstall Pro Tools. How do I get this folder back? I have the student version of Pro Tools 12 so everything is downloaded from the avid website. I have a 2015 retina display Macbook with El Capitan 10.11.2.

The reason I uninstalled in the first place is because I'm having major CPU spikes and Pro Tools lags/jumps whenever I use the built in compressor/limiter or other plugins like EQ (all built in) and I thought a clean install could fix it. I have a solid state drive, 16GB RAM, and 2.8 GHz i7 processor so this should be an issue. I tested it and it happens even if I make a blank project with one audio track and one compressor on that track.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Deleted Digidesign Folder and it won't reinstall

That folder isn't used anymore. Which is why it's not being recreated by the 12 installer.

You'd need to rerun the 10 installer which isn't supported on your OS.

Basically, if you want to run OS10.11 and PT12, you're doing that now and have no need for that folder.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:02 PM

Thank you very much. Do you know what folder actually contains the plugins? When I run Pro Tools it doesn't import my EZdrummer and Superior Drummer plugins even though I had them installed previously (before I reinstalled).
Old 12-15-2015, 07:04 PM

Nevermind I found it in the Avid Folder