Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2009, 03:25 PM

Angry Horizontal scrolling none in 8????

I have a mouse that does horizontal scrolling via the scrolling wheel. After loading PT 8 , both my friend and I have no scrolling capabilities now ?? Help?
Old 01-13-2009, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Horizontal scrolling none in 8????

Quote:
Originally Posted by stixstreet View Post
I have a mouse that does horizontal scrolling via the scrolling wheel. After loading PT 8 , both my friend and I have no scrolling capabilities now ?? Help?
There was chatter regarding this in the Skunk Works thread. I believe scar97 got the same problem sorted out.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 01-13-2009, 05:19 PM

ummmm not understanding.....I use a logitech LX6 wireless optical mouse and an LX3 wired optical mouse. I am not having slowing issues, I cant get them to work the horizontal scroll at all......
Old 01-13-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
... I cant get them to work the horizontal scroll at all......
Correct...and that is the same issue scar97 was having. His horizontal scroll wouldnt work at all. Exactly "how" are you doing the horizontal scroll?

Shane

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 01-13-2009, 05:31 PM

Both of the mice have a tilt wheel and used to work in 7.x but not now. I use it for anything horizontal both on the edit page and mixing page
Old 01-13-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Both of the mice have a tilt wheel and used to work in 7.x but not now. I use it for anything horizontal both on the edit page and mixing page
That's exactly what scar97 had and he posted the solution in the link I gave you above. He responded a few times after that to clear things up so read a few of his comments after that post.

If he sees this I'm sure he'll chime in.

Shane

Old 01-13-2009, 05:39 PM

His solution from the thread:

Quote:
I FIXED IT!!! (Tear...! ((Dr. Evil thing))). It was so easy I can't believe I missed it. I went to the button 4 and 5 like you said Shane (on the Logitech wireless 510 combo setup) and did a keystroke assignment. I put the number 1 on button 4 (tilt left) and the number 2 on button 5 (tilt right) as keystroke assignments instead of using scroll left and right. I can now use my tilt wheel to move left and right again but still have to use Shanes patch for the speed. The tilt moves the same speed as the shift+scroll (same slow speed w/o Shanes macro and same as 7.4 speed with his macro).
Quote:
Let me try to explain different. When I apply your scroll fix the fast scroll works with the tilt or the scroll+shift when I roll the scroll wheel up and down. Either or at the correct speed. Whe I don't use the fix you made both now work but very slow. Apparentley your fix worked on both.

As far as assigning the button 4 and 5 it allowed me to assign a keystroke for the tilt wheel (button 4 left and button 5 right). I put on button 4 shift+1 to move to the left and vise versa for button 5.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:42 PM

Red face Re: Horizontal scrolling none in 8????

OK I see what you're saying but call me an idiot .... I just dont get exactly what he is doing. I dont have buttons 4and 5 or anything. I have a scroll wheel that also tilts left and right and when I pull up my settings window its set accordingly, are you meaning that I need to change the settings to something else??/ BTW- I just redownloaded the software so I have to do a restart Be back in a few...sorry i'm difficult
Old 01-13-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
OK I see what you're saying but call me an idiot .... I just dont get exactly what he is doing. I dont have buttons 4and 5 or anything. I have a scroll wheel that also tilts left and right and when I pull up my settings window its set accordingly, are you meaning that I need to change the settings to something else??/ BTW- I just redownloaded the software so I have to do a restart Be back in a few...sorry i'm difficult
From what I understand, he made these new setting changes in the software that came with the mouse. Even in the other thread I had to get him to explain it again as I didn't quite follow him myself but signed off on it because he got it working.

It appears he reassigned his tilt to buttons 4 & 5 using the mouse software that came with his mouse and used this in combination with my Horizontal Scroll fix script to get the speed back. Since I dont have any of this myself, I can't confirm it.

scar97 has contact info in his profile so maybe shoot him an email and I'm sure he'll be more than happy to help out another "tilt" user as he was very excited to finally get it working again.

Shane

Old 01-13-2009, 05:53 PM

Thanks Shane we'll do BTW- reloading the software does not work....