Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2010, 02:33 PM

Default Assign "mod wheel" to another knob on keyboard?

Hi!

I don't have a mod wheel on my keyboard. But in many VI's (like Xpand), the mod wheel is used to control parameters like swell. Can I assign any other knob on my keyboard instead of a mod wheel?

Here is an example of a text in Xpand:
"Natural Strings Section With Double Sample Content Than Xpand1. Mod Wheel & Aftertouch=Volume Swells."
It is just written in plain text, and I can't find any place where I can assign the swell.

...and what is aftertouch?
Old 11-27-2010, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Assign "mod wheel" to another knob on keyboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobbenos View Post
Hi!

I don't have a mod wheel on my keyboard. But in many VI's (like Xpand), the mod wheel is used to control parameters like swell. Can I assign any other knob on my keyboard instead of a mod wheel?

Here is an example of a text in Xpand:
"Natural Strings Section With Double Sample Content Than Xpand1. Mod Wheel & Aftertouch=Volume Swells."
It is just written in plain text, and I can't find any place where I can assign the swell.

...and what is aftertouch?
Assuming your controller supports it you can right click any knob you like in the plugins GUI and select CC LEARN from the drop down menu. Move the knob you want to assign it to through its range of travel and you should have assigned the MIDI control function to that knob.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 11-27-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
Assuming your controller supports it you can right click any knob you like in the plugins GUI and select CC LEARN from the drop down menu. Move the knob you want to assign it to through its range of travel and you should have assigned the MIDI control function to that knob.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I know that part, and that's where the problem is: I cannot find a knob or button in the GUI which reads "Swell", and thus I don't know how to assign a new controller knob to it either. Xpand only informs me in the text info window that one can use the mod wheel to control swell.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:45 AM

If I remember right the usual CC for the mod wheel is 1.

Now if I could remember the CC that usually gets assigned to the pitch wheel....