Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2001, 07:35 AM

Default Rec in PTLE (Wav format) - Mix in TDM

Hi,

somebody tell if is possible to mix a session from PTLE (wav) in a TDM system (SDII)? Can the TDM system to convert the formats?

Thanks,

Alex Ciaglia

------------------
Old 04-28-2001, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Rec in PTLE (Wav format) - Mix in TDM

Don't quote me on this, but I believe the sessions are transferable to TDM or even MAC. Of course the question mark is, does the TDM system have the same effects you have on your 001.

------------------
--D

--davec
StudioFX Multimedia
SpellWell Software
Old 04-29-2001, 08:50 AM

Yes, this is what I'm planning on doing. I havn't done it yet, but from what I understand, as long as your PTLE is 5.1, and the TDM is 5.1, and you check the box that says "Force mac/pc compatibility" when creating the session, you should have no problems doing this. The plugin issue isn't much of a problem, i mean, that's part of the reason for going over to a TDM system to mix, right. Track on LE, mix on TDM.
Also, I think both LE and TDM on MAC and PC all use the WAV format now, which makes all this cross compatibility stuff possible.

Maybe someone can give us a bit more info though?

I'm thinking since I was told that when opening a TDM session (MAC) on my PC, I need a program like macopener to view the CD, then something similar might be needed for going back from PC to MAC. Anybody? Can I do this "platform change" before I burn the CD, so that I'm burning a MAC CD from my PC? What's the deal with this?

Thanks,
SteveF
Old 04-29-2001, 11:23 PM

I haven't had a chance to try this yet but it definitely should work. As long as the session was either created or resaved in PTLE 5.1 there shouldn't be a problem importing sessions. The Mac TDM version now allows you to open WAV, AIFF, or SD2. As far as mounting a JOLIET format CD on a Mac, you should go to the link at the end and read a little about that. When you go back to the PC you will most likely need something like Macopener although I am not sure because I haven't tried this.

http://www.tempel.org/joliet/

Jason